Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Is Mason Mount any good? The guardian are reporting we want him in summer. For me he seems like another overhyped English player.
Overrated. Better value across Europe in my opinion.
That's my feeling. The guardian said him, Kane and Bellingham are the main targets. The latter two I get, the former seems like an Ole signing.

It's all irrelevant anyway cos there's no money to pay for that lot. Player sales alone won't land any of them.
Another dortmund jinx. I expect Sancho and Bellingham to tear it up next season. Our title hopes that is.
🤣🤣

Yeah Bellingham is the double whammy - Dortmund and a hyped English player. How many times do we have to keep making the same mistake? He might well turn out great, but even if that happens, a club with a proper scouting system can still find someone as good for a fraction of the money.
dozer
Legend

In the next window, Ten hag can't afford to splurge 80 odd on a single player like he did for Antony. He insisted on Antony. That's on him.

He has to boot out most of the players who didn't play well. We're not going to win the league anyway so I'll take another season of mediocrity as long as he boots out a lot of players who haven't performed for more than 2 seasons. I'll only keep a few backup players who are happy to be squaddies. It doesn't matter how talented they are. Sancho, van de Beek, wan bissaka/dalot, Maguire, martial, jones, mctominay, Fred and elanga must all go.

This means he has to do a Newcastle and buy cheaper but a lot of players. If he can't buy many players, let him promote youth and bring the likes of Mainoo and pellestri in. Garnacho is kind of in anyway. That's good.

If he does what every other manager does and keeps rewarding mediocrity then he'll himself get the boot. The players will stop listening to the manager and then the fans will also turn.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Evan Ferguson is someone we should be all over in the summer. Has a touch of Rooney about him. United fan too apparently.

A much better bet than someone like Ramos at Benfica.
swampash
Legend

I hope the scouts, for want of a better name, are keeping an eye on Stuttgart - due for the drop again this season. The problems lie mostly with the club hierarchy, as always, which means there is always a good player hidden in the mix who could be picked up for a song. In previous drops we could have picked up Rüdiger and Pavard for a song. Both went on to prove to be much better players than their presence at Stuttgart suggested. I suspect Sosa might be this year's bargain.
dozer
Legend

swampash wrote: 11 months ago I hope the scouts, for want of a better name, are keeping an eye on Stuttgart - due for the drop again this season. The problems lie mostly with the club hierarchy, as always, which means there is always a good player hidden in the mix who could be picked up for a song. In previous drops we could have picked up Rüdiger and Pavard for a song. Both went on to prove to be much better players than their presence at Stuttgart suggested. I suspect Sosa might be this year's bargain.
You recommended Sancho so highly that I thought he'd be the next Ronaldo. He's been the next Daniel James. Even in Dortmund I couldn't see what was so good about Sancho although I only watched a handful of games. So I was only worried about the jinx at the time and I couldn't comment about his qualities on the pitch. So yes, I'm skeptical of your new recommendation ie Sosa.

But I agree with your sentiment that we shouldn't go established and buy too few players.
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 11 months ago You recommended Sancho so highly that I thought he'd be the next Ronaldo. He's been the next Daniel James.
I don’t think that’s fair. James was much faster and worked much harder.
Felwin
Legend

dozer wrote: 11 months ago
swampash wrote: 11 months ago I hope the scouts, for want of a better name, are keeping an eye on Stuttgart - due for the drop again this season. The problems lie mostly with the club hierarchy, as always, which means there is always a good player hidden in the mix who could be picked up for a song. In previous drops we could have picked up Rüdiger and Pavard for a song. Both went on to prove to be much better players than their presence at Stuttgart suggested. I suspect Sosa might be this year's bargain.
You recommended Sancho so highly that I thought he'd be the next Ronaldo. He's been the next Daniel James. Even in Dortmund I couldn't see what was so good about Sancho although I only watched a handful of games. So I was only worried about the jinx at the time and I couldn't comment about his qualities on the pitch. So yes, I'm skeptical of your new recommendation ie Sosa.

But I agree with your sentiment that we shouldn't go established and buy too few players.
He was really really good in Dortmund. There are no two ways about it. There is 100% a top player in him. Whether we'll see it at United remains to be seen.

For me he has one more season. One that isn't disrupted in a similar way to how we've seen Rashford reborn. If we're still not sold on him this time next year then it's time to move him on. I have a horrible feeling he'll be class again at his next club though. Probably more a United disease than a Sancho disease.
bman2
Legend

Only the manager and coaches can decide about Sancho, because I don’t think we really know what was going on with that break he took in the middle of the season. My suspicion is that he just can’t cut it athletically in the Prem. I wouldn’t mind seeing him go. We’ve had a decade of giving players “one more season”. And we need his £300k a week for players who contribute a lot more.
swampash
Legend

dozer wrote: 11 months ago

Here's what I actually said dozer:
"...meanwhile, back on the subject of transfers, I too am not convinced that Sancho is a must. I'd rather see us concentrating on LB, RB, DMF and cover for Fernandes.
I'd be a lot more interested in bringing in Julian Brandt, at €40 million, who can play right across the midfield and would both cover and compliment Fernandes. Would then leave us with decent money to fix our other frailties.
Mind you dozer won't like another Dortmund player..."

Hardly a ringing endorsement for Sancho ,dozer, but not like you to let the truth get in the way of a wumming, is it...?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Yeah it's time to be cut throat with the high earning players that aren't working out. We don't have a choice cos of the financials. We also have to work towards only spending 70% of income on players, wages, agents etc which is going to be introduced in a few years. Right now we're at 100%. So big reductions plus increases in revenues need to happen.

That forces Hag's hand like wth the Ronaldo shite. Good opportunity to refresh the squad with lower earning hungry players with everything to prove.