Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 months ago Would you say this has been a good window? I would. Still worried about our transfer policy - I don't think we have one. All we've done is identify ex-Hag and Real Madrid players. There's still no data or scouting process. It's going to be a future problem. But still, we've signed some important players (spending a fuckload in the process).

Once again when we push the Glazers they act, they let us spend our own money at the very least.
We're not getting top 4 without a centre forward. We'll struggle to score.
We've only guaranteed Europa league spots with these signings. Arsenal, Chelsea, Pool, City and Spurs have better strikers than us. Or rather... They have strikers (good or not is irrelevant); we don't even have a bad striker. Ronaldo is going. Rashford and Martial are better on the left wing. They're not strikers. They don't have a strikers instinct and they're not good at hold up play. They not dangerous in set pieces. They've got nothing as centre forwards.
Last edited by dozer 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
fat maradona
Star Man

Sid wrote: 3 months ago Would you say this has been a good window? I would. Still worried about our transfer policy - I don't think we have one. All we've done is identify ex-Hag and Real Madrid players. There's still no data or scouting process. It's going to be a future problem. But still, we've signed some important players (spending a fuckload in the process).

Once again when we push the Glazers they act, they let us spend our own money at the very least.
Aye, it's all over the place. Assuming Antony is a first choice starter, our first 11 will only have 1, maybe 2, British players. We'll have 1 Spanish, 2 Portugese, 2 French, 1 Dutch, 1 Danish, 2 Brazilians, 1 Argentinian.....which is so far removed from the 'we only want to buy young British players' of the Ole era, which was only a couple of years ago. The transfer policy is so inept, you couldn't make it up.
Felwin
First Teamer

Average window for me. Plugged a few holes to steady the ship but doesn't feel like we've massively come on. All down to ETH and how he uses the squad now.

Transfer policy is non-existent but seems at least more focused than the worst years under Wormwood. If all the signings work out, it'll actually reflect worse on the club IMO. ETH walks in, selects 3-4 players and outdoes our entire scouting system. Baffling how much control he has over transfers but encouraging that the club are backing him.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

That's a tough one. When Hag arrived, I honestly (and still) thought we needed 10 players to become a side that can challenge, and that we'd need to do that through we'll planned and effective recruitment over 2 years minimum. 3 or 4 windows. In terms of what we've brought in, we've added quality. Malacia, Martinez, Casemiro, Eriksen and Antony all go into the first team. 5 proper additions to the first team has to be considered a good window- but it's been chaotic and scattergun. Antony is a deal we could have done 6 weeks ago for 15-20m less. Its that chaotic element that worries me, and I still see no evidence of proper scouting at play.

And then the other side of it, is our outgoing business - its been poor really. 15m for Perreria is fair enough, but we should have sold rather than loaned Henderson. Telles and Bailly are only gone on loan too. Jones, Bissaka still here.

All on all, I suppose it's been a good window, just executed in a sloppy manner.

Over the next 12-18 months we still need:
A proper replacement for De Gea, because we can't really impose Hags full style until we get one
A right back
A playmaker in midfield
A top striker

And we need a couple of the young uns to come good. Especially Garnacho as I'm not convinced by Sancho
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

De Jong currently flying to London, apparently. Won't be anything to do with us, not after 60m in Casemiro and 85m on Antony. Chelsea, presumably.
bman2
Legend

Can’t judge the window yet. But it’s obviously been chaotic with some extremely expensive panic buying in the closing weeks. I think we’re on the road to ruin.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Phil Jones isn't going anywhere, is here. Staggering. This will be his 12th season.

He came back briefly and did okay. It looked like they were putting in him the shop window. But that came and went, and he's still here.
Felwin
First Teamer

Are we genuinely refusing to sell Wan-Bissaka? We loaned Laird out who ETH seemed to prefer in Oz and Williams doesn’t seem to exist. All a bit strange.
swampash
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 months ago Can’t judge the window yet. But it’s obviously been chaotic with some extremely expensive panic buying in the closing weeks. I think we’re on the road to ruin.
I’m encouraged by the fact we seem to be upgrading on what we had, by the manager‘s preparedness to bench underperforming players and by the way Bruno is responding to being given the captaincy. His constant communication with players around him and his all out commitment are really encouraging from my perspective. We’ve still a long way to go, and two swallows don’t make a summer, but I’m beginning to think we might finally be heading in the right direction.
dozer
Legend

Felwin wrote: 3 months ago Are we genuinely refusing to sell Wan-Bissaka? We loaned Laird out who ETH seemed to prefer in Oz and Williams doesn’t seem to exist. All a bit strange.
We need a backup right back. I'm guessing they made a shit bid.