Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I could see us doing loan deals for both Weghorst and Felix, as long as the loan fee for Felix ends up being something more sensible than what they've been asking. The money saved on Ronaldo would cover both and give us more depth and variety up front.
dozer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I could see us doing loan deals for both Weghorst and Felix, as long as the loan fee for Felix ends up being something more sensible than what they've been asking. The money saved on Ronaldo would cover both and give us more depth and variety up front.
Felix is the kind of player you buy, not loan.
Having said that considering we've been so shit with transfers for a decade, a try before you buy option makes sense. Even spending a ridiculous 20m on Felix is better than spending 70-80m on a flop.

For eg If we'd spent 20m on sancho, maguire or Di maria etc, for a short loan deal, we would have been much better off. The price would still be ridiculously stupid but it still would have been a better deal for us
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Where's the 20 odd mil for Felix gonna come from?

It'd be another loan, if the bank will give us one. The limit on the credit card has already been increased to fuck, and maxed out.

We can only offer him 200k as well which he'd probably refuse.

I hope I'm wrong but it's gonna be Burnley CFs for the foreseeable - possibly until we get new owners
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I'd be surprised if Felix is on more than 200k pw right now. Ronaldo was on 500k per week. That's about 15m saved on his contract. Get the loan fee down to around 5-7m and it won't cost any more than 15m to bring him in. Wegorst is probably on what 50k per week? Maybe 100k at the very most.

Should be doable.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I'd be surprised if Felix is on more than 200k pw right now. Ronaldo was on 500k per week. That's about 15m saved on his contract. Get the loan fee down to around 5-7m and it won't cost any more than 15m to bring him in. Wegorst is probably on what 50k per week? Maybe 100k at the very most.

Should be doable.
We don't have 15m either though.

The impression I'm getting now is it's all about saving money. I think the Ronaldo money is being put back in to the club, not the squad.

We owe over 200m in unpaid transfer fees as well as sizeable interest payments on the debt and the credit card - and the main commercial source of income has gone. We have no shirt sponsor for next season at the min so we can't spend til we know roughly how much, if anything, new sponsors will pay.

I think in order to fund an expensive loan or even sign anyone, we need to sell. That brings in cold hard cash. Wan-Bissaka, Sancho, even Jones - get rid.
fat maradona
Legend

Apparently Maguire highly likely to be off to Villa. It’d the best transfer window in memory if that happens.
Felwin
Legend

If Weghorst is the only bit of business and we get rid of Bissaka and maybe Maguire, would that not be a good window?`

With financial constraints we'd have managed to strengthen where we need it and offload two players in dire need of a transfer, bringing in cash.
bman2
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago If Weghorst is the only bit of business and we get rid of Bissaka and maybe Maguire, would that not be a good window?`

With financial constraints we'd have managed to strengthen where we need it and offload two players in dire need of a transfer, bringing in cash.
I’d only sell now if it’s immediately reinvested this window. Still more than half the season to play, and many of our first choice players were in the WC mid-season, we’ll need bodies.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago If Weghorst is the only bit of business and we get rid of Bissaka and maybe Maguire, would that not be a good window?`

I'd take that. It would leave us light in some areas but we're in it for the long haul with Hag. If this season goes to shit then it is what it is. It'll take a miracle for Hag to win a major trophy under the current circumstances.

You know we'd have more than 24m in bank if Arnold & the board had have bought Antony when Ajax publicly stated they wanted 60 odd mil. We ended up leaving it and paying 86m with add ons on top ffs. The details matter when you're broke and surviving on credit.
FuB
Site Admin

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Apparently Maguire highly likely to be off to Villa. It’d the best transfer window in memory if that happens.
is it Christmas again already?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence