Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Reports De Gea has accepted a new contract that includes a reduced wage. Now that could be cos we're skint and/or cos Hag doesn't see him as his number one given that he can't really play out from the back.

There are also reports Jack Butland is having a medical ahead of a loan move. Debravka has been recalled, so Butland will probably replace him.
fat maradona
Legend

Think the Butland deal is done. Not a bad back up.

Just watching the Chelsea v City game and Aubamayang has been subbed after coming on as a sub. Maybe Chelsea would be happy to let him leave on loan, he did alright at Barca on loan and wouldn’t be expensive.
fat maradona
Legend

Lots of media noise about Wout Weghorst joining us on loan from Besiktas. Never heard of him. He’s tall and has scored every other game this season. In ETH we trust.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Lots of media noise about Wout Weghorst joining us on loan from Besiktas. Never heard of him. He’s tall and has scored every other game this season. In ETH we trust.
He was decent for Burnley, as a target man. For how Hag plays, I think he'd be a decent short term option.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Lots of media noise about Wout Weghorst joining us on loan from Besiktas. Never heard of him. He’s tall and has scored every other game this season. In ETH we trust.
He was decent for Burnley, as a target man. For how Hag plays, I think he'd be a decent short term option.
His record at Burnley was total shite but at Wolfsburg and Besiktas it's decent. Hag made good use of Huntelaar at Ajax whose a similar tall cunt, so it makes a bit of sense.

I'm just wary of Uniteds signings given that we approached some proper batshit dross in summer. Remember Rabiot? I doubt Hag had a lot to do with that.
Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
His record at Burnley was total shite but at Wolfsburg and Besiktas it's decent. Hag made good use of Huntelaar at Ajax whose a similar tall cunt, so it makes a bit of sense.

I'm just wary of Uniteds signings given that we approached some proper batshit dross in summer. Remember Rabiot? I doubt Hag had a lot to do with that.
He was really good at Wolfsburg. Hard bastard who always found a way to get the ball in the net. Probably not the best option going forward but he'd be a damn sight better than Martial at bullying defenders and getting on the end of crosses.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago

Didn't realise his goalscoring record was so poor at Burnley. Remember seeing him in a couple of games and he looked a proper handful.
dozer
Legend

Looks like the deal is happening.
We can't expect a prolific striker so it's just filling in numbers I guess.
I do expect him to start ahead of Martial though. Otherwise we're in trouble.
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Looks like the deal is happening.
I don’t know anything about him, but based on what people are saying, ETH might want him to make a nuisance in the penalty box, creating opportunities for the midfielders.
Felwin
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
dozer wrote: 1 year ago Looks like the deal is happening.
I don’t know anything about him, but based on what people are saying, ETH might want him to make a nuisance in the penalty box, creating opportunities for the midfielders.
That’s precisely what he’ll be doing I reckon. He was an efficient finisher at Wolfsburg as well. Don’t remember his goals being spectacular but he’d bully the ball into the net a lot. Might be harder in the PL but still a far better option than what we have. And if it doesn’t work then we’ve got pace off the bench as a plan B.