Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 7 months ago Malen is trash. Weak, easily outmuscled, technical enough but an unreliable finisher. He'll fit right in.
Aye, he's definitely got the right profile. It's good to know he fits in with the philosophy.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Richest non-doped club in the world relying on freebies

swampash
Legend

Choupo is really not much cop and Werner is a consistent low light.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

SJR's sweetener will help with FFP restrictions but it doesn't count until after the deal is ratified, which will be after the January window.

This MUST be the last window we endure where our thinking is limited to cheap, short term loans that are akin to sticking fingers in the dam. There has to be proper planning and clear progression in every window, such that in 2 years we're a credible side again, competing properly at the top level. That's doable, and it needs us to start planning and acting properly to avoid getting fleeced. And it means we'll need to play the out of contract market in the summer, and target players with 12 months left to drive decent deals at low cost, and pick up the stars from relegated teams - I said in the summer that the likes of Maddison and Ward-Prowse would have been much better deals than Mount, and Tielemanns should have been brought in on a free. Looking ahead to the summer and there are a couple of sensible, free options to prop the squad up. Not world beaters - we're not getting Mbappe, but the likes of Pablo Fornals (27 years old, so a decent age, 6 Spanish caps, knows the PL), Rabiot or Ndidi to add depth at DM, Eric Dier (Varane leaves with no fee, Dier comes in but as a backup and on half the salary etc). If you can shift the likes of Van De Beek, McTominay, Lindelof/Varane and generate somewhere in the region of £50m in transfer fees, you can actually strengthen AND generate some cash to do the bigger deals. It can be done, it just needs proper planning.

Then you look at who'll have 12 months left on their contracts come the summer. There are some serious, serious names in that mix but even if we're modest in our expectations, we could go after the likes of Jonathan David (23 years old, 57 goals in 127 games in the French league, he'd see it as a step up etc), Federico Chiesa, Mikel Merino, Kephren Thuram, Leon Bailey, Denzel Dumfries, Unai Simon, Youssef Fofana - all early to mid twenties, all full internationals, most are CL experienced. Again, just needs proper planning and proactive thinking.

Anyway, I see that Sancho looks to be off back to Dortmund on Loan. I hope we're digging our heels in; if we were serious about being a big club we'd make clear that any shortfall in the salary paid by Dortmund, Sancho has to sacrifice. Obviously risky in terms of the deal falling through and because we're potless, we're over a barrel - but we have to start resetting the culture and making clear that if you act the cunt, you kill your own career. You don't get to just take 3 months paid holiday and then fuck off with the club paying half your salary to play elsewhere. I realise I'm dreaming though.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

More talk of Muller ffs. The club has learned nothing.

I can't imagine Ratcliffe has anything to do with this cos it's a classic post Fergie deal aka ageing player on the decline that's looking for a club stupid enough to give him a mega wage.

This kind of shite has to end with the Ratcliffe era.
swampash
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 6 months ago More talk of Muller ffs. The club has learned nothing.

I can't imagine Ratcliffe has anything to do with this cos it's a classic post Fergie deal aka ageing player on the decline that's looking for a club stupid enough to give him a mega wage.

Pretty sure Muller had already signed a one year contract extension at Bayern.
fat maradona
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 6 months ago More talk of Muller ffs. The club has learned nothing.

Lots of clickbait at the moment, transfer window and a desperate United will make it’s a journos wet dream.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 6 months ago

Lots of clickbait at the moment, transfer window and a desperate United will make it’s a journos wet dream.
Unfortunately it's the Athletic reporting the Muller interest so it's probably legit. It makes sense cos they'll want some experience alongside Hojlund and he's super high profile so it ticks the commercial box.

I wouldn't let the current regime buy anyone in Jan - even good players. They've done enough damage, and they'll end up signing Muller on a 3 year deal on 500k a week or something daft. Wait til the new lot are in and sign players to a plan.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Context is key - if we end up throwing big wages at a Muller, we're learning fuck all. If however, he wants a year or two for some mad reason and fancies it here, on reasonable wages, I'd be all for it. Within the much wider need for a rebuild, we need some character and leadership in the dressing room.
swampash
Legend

Not happening. Trust me, Muller is not happening. It’s bollox.