Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
FuB
Site Admin

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
swampash wrote: 1 year ago Could be a really smart move getting Sabitzer in?
If he was that good we would have tried to buy him.
He didn't play much at Bayern so it's not his recent performances that attracted ten hag.
Did you miss the memo about us not having any cash, dozer? Besides, who's to say the initial approach wasn't to buy him but Bayern said no?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
swampash
Legend

Bayern have an embarrassment of midfielders, so you need to take in his time at Salzburg and Leipzig too.
Nothing‘s guaranteed but I suspect he will be a good addition to the squad.
Jason
Star Man

Watching this chelasa Fulham game, Paulinha for Fulham is quality.

Seen him a few times this season, and he played well vs us as well.

Always impresses
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago Watching this chelasa Fulham game, Paulinha for Fulham is quality.

Seen him a few times this season, and he played well vs us as well.

Always impresses
I thought Tete played well too.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

A further complication to new signings, we're set to fall foul of FFP due to more money going out then we have coming in. Hag is really up against it in terms of building a top team.

JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Barcelona told they need to generate 177m from player sales this summer before they can sign anyone. We'll be back in for De Jong.

It'll be a mad summer there, and at Chelsea.

As for us, sign the likes of a Kane and De Jong, add Wehgorst and Sabitzer permanently, maybe a right back too, and we could be ready for a proper title challenge.

Maguire will surely be off. Bailly, Telles, McTominay, Martial too. If we can find takers.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Barcelona told they need to generate 177m from player sales this summer before they can sign anyone. We'll be back in for De Jong.

As for us, sign the likes of a Kane and De Jong, add Wehgorst and Sabitzer permanently, maybe a right back too, and we could be ready for a proper title challenge.

Maguire will surely be off. Bailly, Telles, McTominay, Martial too. If we can find takers.
I assume we’ll want a CB as well. Back in for Timber maybe?
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Barcelona told they need to generate 177m from player sales this summer before they can sign anyone. We'll be back in for De Jong.

I assume we’ll want a CB as well. Back in for Timber maybe?
A centre forward is our top priority obv. We also need a goal keeper who's not just a shot stopper.
A de Jong/Toure style player who's better at receiving the ball, making those driving runs and making excellent passes is also essential. De Jong is also good at winning possession. Eriksen has been very good but he's got his limitations.

Imo a midfielder is our last priority after a CF and GK.
swampash
Legend

We should keep Sabizer. Agree that a potent striker is a key priority.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I think we need 5 or 6 ins and outs to be title challengers.

In:
Top class Striker
Backup Striker
A keeper who can play out
A top class number 8 who can play next to Casemiro
A first choice right back
Another Centre Back.
Arguments we might need a backup number 6 and a wide forward if Antony doesn't buck his fucking ideas up.

Out:
Maguire, Dalot or W-B, McTominay, Martial, Van De Beek. Plus Bailly, Telles, probably Pellestri.

There's still a lot to do. 2 Transfer windows minimum. Get the summer right, and we could have a proper title challenge. Get the following summer right and then we should be on course to win it. That's the sort of timeline I think we need to work to.