Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I think we need 5 or 6 ins and outs to be title challengers.

In:
Top class Striker
Backup Striker
A keeper who can play out
A top class number 8 who can play next to Casemiro
A first choice right back
Another Centre Back.
Arguments we might need a backup number 6 and a wide forward if Antony doesn't buck his fucking ideas up.

Out:
Maguire, Dalot or W-B, McTominay, Martial, Van De Beek. Plus Bailly, Telles, probably Pellestri.

There's still a lot to do. 2 Transfer windows minimum. Get the summer right, and we could have a proper title challenge. Get the following summer right and then we should be on course to win it. That's the sort of timeline I think we need to work to.
Yep. I agree with all of this although I'm not sure about booting Dalot. Wan bissaka is useful as defensive full back and only as a backup. We need that kind of player in the squad.

I don't like sabitzer that much, at least not yet.
He's decent but we could do better.

I have a feeling that Greenwood will stay. The club would have booted him by now otherwise. They're probably discussing with the sponsors.
Felwin
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I think we need 5 or 6 ins and outs to be title challengers.

In:
Top class Striker
Backup Striker
A keeper who can play out
A top class number 8 who can play next to Casemiro
A first choice right back
Another Centre Back.
Arguments we might need a backup number 6 and a wide forward if Antony doesn't buck his fucking ideas up.

Out:
Maguire, Dalot or W-B, McTominay, Martial, Van De Beek. Plus Bailly, Telles, probably Pellestri.

There's still a lot to do. 2 Transfer windows minimum. Get the summer right, and we could have a proper title challenge. Get the following summer right and then we should be on course to win it. That's the sort of timeline I think we need to work to.
Yep. I agree with all of this although I'm not sure about booting Dalot. Wan bissaka is useful as defensive full back and only as a backup. We need that kind of player in the squad.

I don't like sabitzer that much, at least not yet.
He's decent but we could do better.

I have a feeling that Greenwood will stay. The club would have booted him by now otherwise. They're probably discussing with the sponsors.
If Greenwood stays, that's it for me.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Is Mason Mount any good? The guardian are reporting we want him in summer. For me he seems like another overhyped English player.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Is Mason Mount any good? The guardian are reporting we want him in summer. For me he seems like another overhyped English player.
Overrated. Better value across Europe in my opinion.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Is Mason Mount any good? The guardian are reporting we want him in summer. For me he seems like another overhyped English player.
That's my feeling. The guardian said him, Kane and Bellingham are the main targets. The latter two I get, the former seems like an Ole signing.

It's all irrelevant anyway cos there's no money to pay for that lot. Player sales alone won't land any of them.
swampash
Legend

I suspect he might do well under Ten Hag. Not a bad call.
The other one being rumoured is Bellingham. Would be pricy I guess?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Looks like Dave is gonna stay cos we can't fix the goalkeeping problem and the CF problem in one window due to FFP

dozer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
That's my feeling. The guardian said him, Kane and Bellingham are the main targets. The latter two I get, the former seems like an Ole signing.

It's all irrelevant anyway cos there's no money to pay for that lot. Player sales alone won't land any of them.
Another dortmund jinx. I expect Sancho and Bellingham to tear it up next season. Our title hopes that is.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Big news tbf. If they can actually pay off the credit card it will free up room to buy a CF on credit in summer. But it will still have to be inside FFP rules.

I think the club made a profit of 6m (first profit in 3 years) so there won't be much room within FFP. I think a big earner or two will have to leave.

We've always been shit at selling players but someone like Maguire just has to fuck off

swampash
Legend

Hmmm. Paying down the debt suggests to me that the Glazers are more likely to stay and bring in new minority investors.