Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Staggering fee for a fancy player that plays in a weaker league. We've only just paid a similar fee for Sancho and still haven't got our money's worth.

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
Ten hag is guaranteeing himself a big budget back at Ajax after he gets sacked in a year or two.
dozer
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago Really hope Anthony isn’t another Diallo/Pellestri and ends up on loan next year. Seems like ETH wants him for now though so I reckon he’ll replace Elanga instantly against Leicester.

Not seen a fee yet but if it’s north of £100m, it could end up hanging round his neck like with Maguire. Hope he produces relatively quickly. For the money it’ll be high pressure straight away.
In pounds the fee is 85m including addons. I don't know how much the fixed fee is. Probably about 10m less.
Felwin
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Felwin wrote: 1 year ago Really hope Anthony isn’t another Diallo/Pellestri and ends up on loan next year. Seems like ETH wants him for now though so I reckon he’ll replace Elanga instantly against Leicester.

Not seen a fee yet but if it’s north of £100m, it could end up hanging round his neck like with Maguire. Hope he produces relatively quickly. For the money it’ll be high pressure straight away.
In pounds the fee is 85m including addons. I don't know how much the fixed fee is. Probably about 10m less.
Still big money. Let's hope we've got a gem.

Positives:
- ETH's man, he knows how to use him
- Strengthens options out wide
- Another portuguese speaker - should fit in easy
- Had to play against lots of physical dross in the Eredivisie so should hopefully be up for the PL
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Tbf we should have the funds to spend big this summer as we've got rid of a shitload of high earners like Pog. Ron will probably go too freeing up 500k a week. That's around 26m a year. These new signings won't be on big money yet so hopefully we're not breaking the bank.

It would be nice to ditch Maguire, Hoof and Shaw who'll all be on top wages. There's always Jan I suppose.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Tbf we should have the funds to spend big this summer as we've got rid of a shitload of high earners like Pog. Ron will probably go too freeing up 500k a week. That's around 26m a year. These new signings won't be on big money yet so hopefully we're not breaking the bank.

It would be nice to ditch Maguire, Hoof and Shaw who'll all be on top wages. There's always Jan I suppose.
Casemiro's signing has replaced or maybe even exceeded Pogba's wages. Ronaldo may not leave. Don't know.
BTW lot of family drama going on in the Pogba camp.
Felwin
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Tbf we should have the funds to spend big this summer as we've got rid of a shitload of high earners like Pog. Ron will probably go too freeing up 500k a week. That's around 26m a year. These new signings won't be on big money yet so hopefully we're not breaking the bank.

Replacing DDG should be a priority next summer, that'd save us another half a mil a week
fat maradona
Legend

Ten Hag has clearly got a plan and he's identified certain players he feels will be crucial. Fuck the money, let's see how it pans out for him. It does seem daft to ignore the CF, RB and goalkeeper needs and pay £90m for another unproven attacker but hey, if the Glazers spend we criticise and if they don't, we criticise.....
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Would you say this has been a good window? I would. Still worried about our transfer policy - I don't think we have one. All we've done is identify ex-Hag and Real Madrid players. There's still no data or scouting process. It's going to be a future problem. But still, we've signed some important players (spending a fuckload in the process).

Once again when we push the Glazers they act, they let us spend our own money at the very least.