Manchester United chat
Felwin
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago
Felwin wrote: 1 year ago
Felwin wrote: 1 year ago

Obviously it's a matter of opinion but, imho, Maguire is not a good player, dozer.
He’d be a good player in a purely defensive shithouse team with a back 5.
Err...and that makes him a good player?
=))
No, that makes him a good player in an extremely limited way. You could read the rest of my post, y'know...
I did Felwin.
I just can’t see how the word good can be applied to a player with such obvious inadequacies. If you put him in a poor team he might look relatively less poor, but I cannot see how that makes him a good player. He’s just relatively less crap than those around him, surely?
Yeah I get what your saying but you're talking about a good United player. I still think he's got something to offer a prem team. He's proper down in the dumps at the moment and been pissed on from every direction. I don't want him at United either but he'll get picked up by someone for sure. Only thing that'll be prohibiting is wages.
swampash
Legend

I get what you’re saying and yes, my perspective is probably coloured to an extent by him being at OT. Southgate obviously rates him, so probably best for all concerned if he moves on.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Sky believe we're going for Kane in summer. If Qatar are going to buy Spurs, Kane is going nowhere.
dozer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Sky believe we're going for Kane in summer. If Qatar are going to buy Spurs, Kane is going nowhere.
As a player he's better than Haaland. He's like having 2 players in the team. His work rate and quality is tremendous. Too old now to splurge tbf.
fat maradona
Legend

I doubt we'll be buying Kane if the Glazer's at still at the club. Apparently we still owe £307m in transfer fee instalments for our recent transfers and with only £20m in the bank, there ain't going to be any big splurges. Not a bad thing though, the club has been bent over and fucked royally on 99% of our transfers in recent memory.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Chelsea are in advanced talks with Thuram. It's just mad what's happening there. Is it Boehly or Clearlake pushing the investment?

They put money up for transfers as part of the takeover. But they've burned through it all in one go, and then some. Thuram could push their spending over 400m - and they'd still need another striker and more midfielders.

I wonder if they yanks know how football and transfers work. Do they realise you keep need to adding to the squad year on year, not all in one go?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I know it's a bit early to talk about summer transfers but in terms of taking Hag's project to the next phase we need to sign more players. But there's no money and no room on the credit card. So how is that going to work.

It might be why the Glazers are pushing for a sale in early 2023 otherwise if it drags on til summer there will continue to be no money and the squad / club will stagnate.

The Raine group said an early 2023 sale is now looking unlikely. For the amount of investment needed due to Glazer neglect, mainly the stadium, you're looking at a state buyer. It took the Saudis nearly 2 years to finally get hold of Newcastle after the toon were up for sale for over 10 years.

We're in a real pickle. Everything hinges on when the club is sold and who buys it.
dozer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Chelsea are in advanced talks with Thuram. It's just mad what's happening there. Is it Boehly or Clearlake pushing the investment?

They put money up for transfers as part of the takeover. But they've burned through it all in one go, and then some. Thuram could push their spending over 400m - and they'd still need another striker and more midfielders.

I wonder if they yanks know how football and transfers work. Do they realise you keep need to adding to the squad year on year, not all in one go?
Shaktar has accepted a 100-110m bid for mikhaylo mudrik. Chelsea have hijacked arsenal's bid.
They'll probably still buy thruram. Idk. Both are left wingers but it's Chelsea. They've spent more than 500m this season so far if this deal goes through.
bman2
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago I know it's a bit early to talk about summer transfers but in terms of taking Hag's project to the next phase we need to sign more players. But there's no money and no room on the credit card. So how is that going to work.

It might be why the Glazers are pushing for a sale in early 2023 otherwise if it drags on til summer there will continue to be no money and the squad / club will stagnate.

The Raine group said an early 2023 sale is now looking unlikely. For the amount of investment needed due to Glazer neglect, mainly the stadium, you're looking at a state buyer. It took the Saudis nearly 2 years to finally get hold of Newcastle after the toon were up for sale for over 10 years.

We're in a real pickle. Everything hinges on when the club is sold and who buys it.
Yeah that’s a depressing thought, that all the good TH is doing gets wasted because the club just drags on in limbo for a long time.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

From what I've read, the clubs now inviting offers with a view to a mid Feb deadline. I think a sale will be concluded before the summer.

Agree though - the who and the when are huge. For the first time in 10 years we have a manager and platform that could really take us places if we can back them.