Euros 2024

Non-United football chat
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 3053
Joined: 10 years ago

Switzerland looked pretty good...
User avatar
FuB
Site Admin
Posts: 2265
Joined: 8 years ago

swampash wrote: 1 month ago
FuB wrote: 1 month ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 month ago
FuB wrote: 1 month ago As an Italian citizen I feel I am not allowed to piss myself at that but secretly I am
Are Italy any good? Seems like they're playing more attacking football these days.
It's sort of hard to be objective based on last night's game. Italy were certainly more attacking than they have a reputation for but, then again, Albania were awful. Possibly worse than Scotland. I have not followed the Italian team at all so this was the first I've seen of them since I think the first qualifier against England.

In terms of whether it was an exciting, attacking game both my wife and I fell asleep at some point during the second half so I guess not...
Sorry, but I don't think they looked that convincing. May get better as the tournament progresses but, against a non-pressing Albania, I thought they were poor.
Sorry for what, swamps? I definitely wasn't extolling any virtues there! I may well be 'Italian' as far as their constitution is concerned but I made it clear to my wife last night that I had a lot of trouble thinking 'we' during an Italy game
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 3053
Joined: 10 years ago

FuB wrote: 1 month ago
swampash wrote: 1 month ago
FuB wrote: 1 month ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 month ago
FuB wrote: 1 month ago As an Italian citizen I feel I am not allowed to piss myself at that but secretly I am
Are Italy any good? Seems like they're playing more attacking football these days.
It's sort of hard to be objective based on last night's game. Italy were certainly more attacking than they have a reputation for but, then again, Albania were awful. Possibly worse than Scotland. I have not followed the Italian team at all so this was the first I've seen of them since I think the first qualifier against England.

In terms of whether it was an exciting, attacking game both my wife and I fell asleep at some point during the second half so I guess not...
Sorry, but I don't think they looked that convincing. May get better as the tournament progresses but, against a non-pressing Albania, I thought they were poor.
Sorry for what, swamps? I definitely wasn't extolling any virtues there! I may well be 'Italian' as far as their constitution is concerned but I made it clear to my wife last night that I had a lot of trouble thinking 'we' during an Italy game
;)
User avatar
Jason
Star Man
Posts: 849
Joined: 10 years ago

Southgate starting TAA in cm ahead of mainoo.

Fuck me, i hope he gets nowhere near the utd job.
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 4247
Joined: 10 years ago

England = Beans on Toast, Vanilla Ice Cream with no toppings, Beige wallpaper, missionary position only, ham sandwich with no butter, soda and lime cos we're on a mad one, in bed by 9 football.

Thank fuck we didn't get Southgate
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10268
Joined: 11 years ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 month ago England = Beans on Toast, Vanilla Ice Cream with no toppings, Beige wallpaper, missionary position only, ham sandwich with no butter, soda and lime cos we're on a mad one, in bed by 9 football.

Thank fuck we didn't get Southgate
Well said. It's gone to shit this. England are defending for their lives, smashing it up field to no one. It's Jose shit, not contesting midifeld and inviting pressure. It's allowing Serbia, who are shite, to control the game.

Southgate is waiting for Bellingham or Foden to make something happen.
User avatar
FuB
Site Admin
Posts: 2265
Joined: 8 years ago

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 month ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 month ago England = Beans on Toast, Vanilla Ice Cream with no toppings, Beige wallpaper, missionary position only, ham sandwich with no butter, soda and lime cos we're on a mad one, in bed by 9 football.

Thank fuck we didn't get Southgate
Well said. It's gone to shit this. England are defending for their lives, smashing it up field to no one. It's Jose shit, not contesting midifeld and inviting pressure. It's allowing Serbia, who are shite, to control the game.

Southgate is waiting for Bellingham or Foden to make something happen.
He'll be waiting forever for Foden to do something. He has been shitter than Rashford.

Glad to see Mainoo on hopefully for some control
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10268
Joined: 11 years ago

The only way we can assert any control is by Bellingham and Kane being fouled. It slows the game down and allows us to push up the field.

1 deceont chance second half. No control in midfield. Serbia unlucky not to score. Bullshit 2005 football.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 10268
Joined: 11 years ago

Fuck that. England aren't going to go deep into the competition playing anti possession 'keep it tight and wait for some magic' football. They probably won't get out of the group.

Southgate coming across like a real dinosaur, not interested in control or possession, more interested in buying fouls to move the team up the pitch.
User avatar
FuB
Site Admin
Posts: 2265
Joined: 8 years ago

Standard Southgate 'make sure you get a result and don't take risks'. The antithesis of what we would want at United
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Post Reply