Ratcliffe, INEOS and the future

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

There's a new perch in town....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68363156
FuB
Site Admin

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 3 months ago There's a new perch in town....

In today's world, you could easily dismiss the sort of thing he says as spin but there's something behind his eyes that tells me he really means what he is saying. I like the fact he's refusing to promise anything but is very clearly aligned to what any other fan would think of the state of things.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

FuB wrote: 3 months ago

In today's world, you could easily dismiss the sort of thing he says as spin but there's something behind his eyes that tells me he really means what he is saying. I like the fact he's refusing to promise anything but is very clearly aligned to what any other fan would think of the state of things.
Aye, all these shitbloke owners like Boehly and Mansour say they're diehard fans, and it's bollocks. But with Ratcliffe it feels legit. He has the same beliefs and attitudes as us, so he must have been following the club properly for decades the way we have.

He recognises the issues; the lack of communication with fans (he addressed fans & MUST weeks ago), the lack of expertise & competence, the fact we've had top managers and they've all failed cos the environment is the main issue.

Whether that translates to being a good owner, fuck knows. But right now on big issues like appointing a completely new backroom team and rebuilding Old Trafford (his preferred option by the looks of it), I'd rather have a fan leading it than neolib yank business owners in Florida.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Ratcliffe did two other interviews, and said this in one of em

@FabrizioRomano
🔴 Sir Jim Ratcliffe on Sheikh Jassim: “Still nobody's ever seen him, actually”.

“The Glazers never met him... he never... I'm not sure he exists!”.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Yeah, I buy into him too. He's playing the PR game well, but I think he's genuine
Felwin
Legend

I think he's 100% genuine too.

Though the cynic in me thinks it was such a low bar with PR and communication with fans, that all he's really had to do is turn up and be a normal person.
FuB
Site Admin

Felwin wrote: 3 months ago I think he's 100% genuine too.

Though the cynic in me thinks it was such a low bar with PR and communication with fans, that all he's really had to do is turn up and be a normal person.
A fair point but, nowadays, even being a normal person is something of a rarity in football club ownership
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
swampash
Legend

Excellent interview.
Felwin
Legend

A fair point but, nowadays, even being a normal person is something of a rarity in football club ownership
You could say Starmer is doing a similar thing in politics but let's not open that debate up :D
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 3 months ago

You could say Starmer is doing a similar thing in politics but let's not open that debate up :D
It's true. Starmer has no policies, stands for nothing and says nothing - but that's better than the tories who have set about turning parts of Britain into a third world country, where a tin of beans costs 48 quid, people die of curable illnesses, councils can't afford to keep street lights on and there's not enough soldiers to man our aircraft carriers.