Shite fizzy drink Cup Final

Forum for match day threads
FuB
Site Admin

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
FuB wrote: 1 year ago
fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Seeing slabhead lift the cup as captain will take the shine off for me, should have been Bruno’s responsibility
Spot on.
They lifted it together so perhaps pause the unnecessary Maguire criticism.
So we saw but what's unnecessary about any Maguire criticism? Is he really the captain? The crowd chanting Bruno Bruno Bruno didn't seem to think so. Do you?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
swampash
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Varane also celebrating like he’s won the World Cup. Shows the team spirit and I’m excited what the future holds. We still have to curb our expectations, we are still a club in transition and rebuild but the finished product could be up there with any of the 3 great teams Fergie built
This team + Harry Kane would probably win the league this season. I’m not saying that’s who we should try to buy, and Arsenal and City this season aren’t at the level that City and Liverpool were in the last few years. But a couple of quality players in key positions would take us to the next level. We’ve got surprisingly good squad depth now. I’d be inclined to make Weghorst and Sabitzer permanent transfers, so long as Burnley and Bayern didn’t try to take the piss.
With you re. Sabitzer but still need a bit of convincing re. Weghörst.
FuB
Site Admin

swampash wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Varane also celebrating like he’s won the World Cup. Shows the team spirit and I’m excited what the future holds. We still have to curb our expectations, we are still a club in transition and rebuild but the finished product could be up there with any of the 3 great teams Fergie built
This team + Harry Kane would probably win the league this season. I’m not saying that’s who we should try to buy, and Arsenal and City this season aren’t at the level that City and Liverpool were in the last few years. But a couple of quality players in key positions would take us to the next level. We’ve got surprisingly good squad depth now. I’d be inclined to make Weghorst and Sabitzer permanent transfers, so long as Burnley and Bayern didn’t try to take the piss.
With you re. Sabitzer but still need a bit of convincing re. Weghörst.
Sabitzer is a definite. Weggy works his fucking socks off and the rest of the team really seem to like him so,.if he was cheap, why not?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago So shit that these finals aren’t on BBC anymore and you can soak up the atmosphere. Doesn’t feel like back in the day. Too contrived. Schedule to stick to.
I agree.

Also you had a war criminal from the saudi state on the gantry, a fucking Glazer - and the final straw; a fucking Carabao advert on the under side of the trophy so you could see it when the players lifted it in the air. I turned it off at that point.
Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
Felwin wrote: 1 year ago So shit that these finals aren’t on BBC anymore and you can soak up the atmosphere. Doesn’t feel like back in the day. Too contrived. Schedule to stick to.
I agree.

Also you had a war criminal from the saudi state on the gantry, a fucking Glazer - and the final straw; a fucking Carabao advert on the under side of the trophy so you could see it when the players lifted it in the air. I turned it off at that point.
Revolting
Felwin
Legend

When we do lock it down and play solidly, or play on the break I often think about Mourinho or Ole and wonder if we're any different and if it's just better players/hazy memory. But then videos like this make you realise that although we do now have quality at CB and DM, Ten Hag is just phenomenal with in-game details.

We might have actually hit gold here, as it's probably where the game is going with most top teams playing almost the same style. It's why Ancelotti has had another renaissance too. And with 5 subs there are many more possibilities.

And I'm actually convinced the more I think about it that the AWB sub was not just about the yellow, but about absolutely locking down their only threat. We've sat deep and/or surrendered possession in recent years on plenty of occasions but the confidence and commitment to the plan is completely different now. Only a small trophy but the signs are so good if this continues.

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We only conceded 2 goals in the entire competition. Scored 16. The teams weren't great but the point being this is how United should be performing against this kind of opposition. And it's happening despite us not being the finished thing.