Vs Gooners

Forum for match day threads
dozer
Legend

Alfonso Bedoya wrote: 1 year ago Fuck off!
Lmao. This is out the blue.
Now all we need is laz back.
Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago We pushed em far tbh. It took a last minute winner. And we beat them quite convincingly at Old Trafford so I don't think we're a million miles away.
Agreed. For all that pressure after 2-2 they got one lucky bounce that Dave saved and the goal where McT made a braindead decision in the buildup. There was another dumb McT moment where he could’ve played in Weghorst but the pass was shite.

That was the key difference for me - in the second half at least. Lack of a quality midfield.

First time Hag‘s blueprint against dangerous teams has come unstuck tbf and Arsenal had to work for it and ended up relying on a class goal and mistakes to win. I’m still positive. Let’s batter Forest and go for the league cup now. That could be a galvaniser.
dozer
Legend

Ten hag has come down hard on the players and he's criticised the performance and the mentality. It's the United fans that are easily impressed by "how difficult" we made it for them. We've devolved into becoming like the Liverpool fans in the fergie era.
fat maradona
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Ten hag has come down hard on the players and he's criticised the performance and the mentality. It's the United fans that are easily impressed by "how difficult" we made it for them. We've devolved into becoming like the Liverpool fans in the fergie era.
Put it into perspective Dozer. We've been shite for a number of years but the last two seasons showed just how little backbone the team had, fuck all confidence, no conviction. A few random class performances aside, we have been bottom/mid-table quality. This season we are making it hard for teams to beat us and more often than not, running out convincing and deserved winners. This current team is miles ahead of anything under Ole and Ralf.

Also remember that real life football isn't Football Manager 2023. Managers and players can have off days and make the odd bad decision. Except McT, who consistently makes bad decisions.
fat maradona
Legend

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... n-the-past

This sums it up pretty well. Ten Hag has managed to get most of the players playing well but we still have the substandard players getting game time and this is what brings us back down to earth. Apart from a strong first 11, the rest of the squad is either shite or inexperienced.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Ten hag has come down hard on the players and he's criticised the performance and the mentality. It's the United fans that are easily impressed by "how difficult" we made it for them. We've devolved into becoming like the Liverpool fans in the fergie era.
I think you're misreading the room Dozer. I don't see United fans overly impressed with where we are in absolute terms, more impressed with the rate of progress. We're not at Arsenal's level yet - but its only this season that they've look a side. Its clicked. Hag has done more to improve us in 6 months than Arteta did in 3 years.

If we keep backing him, and he keeps improving players and the collective, raising standards, he'll get us back to the top inside the next 18 months.
swampash
Legend

Alfonso Bedoya wrote: 1 year ago Fuck off!
Are you really back then Alf?
:vampire:
Felwin
Legend

Easily impressed because it's been non-existent. Stuff we took for granted like good coaching has been gone for so long. LVG was the last one who had a grip on things but he was too weird and the culture in the squad too different for it to work. Plus the football was old fashioned by the time he got to us.

So excuse us for getting excited when a player puts his body on the line or the team look to defend as one. No-one I know or have read on here thinks were about to win the league. League Cup would be nice ffs.
fat maradona
Legend

sums it up well I think
dozer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
I think you're misreading the room Dozer. I don't see United fans overly impressed with where we are in absolute terms, more impressed with the rate of progress. We're not at Arsenal's level yet - but its only this season that they've look a side. Its clicked. Hag has done more to improve us in 6 months than Arteta did in 3 years.

If we keep backing him, and he keeps improving players and the collective, raising standards, he'll get us back to the top inside the next 18 months.
I don't disagree. We've done well this season.
My comments were about this game and how fans were praising our performances in this game. What good performance? We were shit.

Look, arsenal are the better team so it's understandable if we lose and if we were worse. I was complaining about the mentality of the players. Ddg was wasting time at the end of the first half. The first fucking half. He also started rolling on the floor a couple of times I think and took way too long with every dead ball. Why? We weren't winning the game. Even when it was a draw who wastes time throughout the whole fucking game? It also looked like he was panicking when he got the ball and tried to make the short passes but it was clear he was taking too long to pass because he was presumably terrified of fucking up. Tbf he lacks this skill anyway. He's a hoofer. Even the team kept passing back to him far too often because they couldn't get out. Too much fear in the team.

Shaw has been excellent this season but in this game, he kept allowing the offense to run at him and make passes in the penalty area. Our whole team was guilty of this. Everyone was terrified of coming out. Mctominay and wan bissaka too was guilty of this unless wan bissaka got the opportunity to make a last ditch challenge.

Fortunately ten hag didn't blame the extra crystal palace game and casemiro's suspension for this bullshit performance. He called it out. I was glad to hear it. He didn't complement anything about this performance iirc.