Vs Gooners

Forum for match day threads
Felwin
Legend

Normally I’d be pretty confident we’d do them today. Been a happy hunting ground this last decade or so.

But I reckon the best we can hope for is a solid defensive performance and a 0-0.

I’d absolutely love a frustrating tight game with a last minute Bruno winner to really boil their piss.
fat maradona
Legend

Depends who he deploys in place of Casemiro. McT would be too much of a liability, they'd cut through him and he isn't good enough to play the progressive balls to get us out of an Arsenal press. I'd be sticking Martinez in there but a big risk considering we haven't tried him in DM this season.

0-0 would be acceptable.
Felwin
Legend

McFred, Eriksen at 10, front three of Rashford, Martial and Bruno seems the most likely. In theory means we can get them on the break, but like you say McTominay is a big liability.
fat maradona
Legend

Starting with McT + Weghorst. Apart from McT, probably the best he can field. Oh, and Antony needs to pull his fucking socks up.
FuB
Site Admin

Annoyingly I am going to miss at least half of this motherfucker. I apologise for forced absense and would appreciate some updates if you guys are able
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Starting with McT + Weghorst. Apart from McT, probably the best he can field. Oh, and Antony needs to pull his fucking socks up.
Antony is the anti Rashford. He's good defensively (fora winger), tracks back, is good at keeping possession and making simple passes. But he doesn't make good runs, doesn't get past players, well he does, but not quickly enough and effectively, and is generally impotent offensively. That's where the dis-similarities end. He's got a good shot on him, like Rashford. He's got all the talent to be a top offensive threat.

Wan Bissaka and Antony won't make a good combination. We'd be toothless down the right.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Early signs worry me. Dave panicking in possession, Bruno thinking he's got more time than he has. We need to wake the fuck up
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

There's ready a massive Casemiro shaped hole in front of the back 4. Amazed Fred isn't playing
Felwin
Legend

FuB wrote: 1 year ago Annoyingly I am going to miss at least half of this motherfucker. I apologise for forced absense and would appreciate some updates if you guys are able
Same here. Home in about an hour so should catch squeaky bum time if there is any.
Felwin
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Starting with McT + Weghorst. Apart from McT, probably the best he can field. Oh, and Antony needs to pull his fucking socks up.
Antony is the anti Rashford. He's good defensively (fora winger), tracks back, is good at keeping possession and making simple passes. But he doesn't make good runs, doesn't get past players, well he does, but not quickly enough and effectively, and is generally impotent offensively. That's where the dis-similarities end. He's got a good shot on him, like Rashford. He's got all the talent to be a top offensive threat.

Wan Bissaka and Antony won't make a good combination. We'd be toothless down the right.
Antony makes great runs off the ball once we’ve advanced. Always finds space at the far post. We just never go for him.

With the ball not so much.