Vs Palace

Forum for match day threads
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Tough game away at Palace but they're shit tbh so this should be a win
bman2
Legend

So it’s a tough fixture except for the opposition being shit?

I’d rather lose this and beat Arse, though logically, the other way round would probably be better for us.
dozer
Legend

We could rest players but that can backfire and we could end up losing both.
Arsenal I think have the whole week off before playing us.
swampash
Legend

On Sid's current record it must surely be a win...
Jason
Star Man

Dare to dream - we win this we are into 2nd(albeit having played an extra game).

Then we manage to win against Arsenal and its 3 points from 1st.

Can't see us getting 6 points, but who knows.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago So it’s a tough fixture except for the opposition being shit?

I’d rather lose this and beat Arse, though logically, the other way round would probably be better for us.
Well tough in the sense it's an away game at a noisy, small ground. But the actual players are shite so that counteracts it to some degree. Like the old Stoke, Burnley etc.

I also don't think Viera is up to much. Does anyone else? Maybe I'm missing something but whenever I've seen Palace they've not lived up to the hype.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Its a banana skin this. Casemiro will probably rested to avoid a yellow and suspension for Arsenal. Rashford too, given his knock against City. Our first 11 is now pretty strong - striker aside, but as soon as you start to take a couple of key players out, the depth ain't there. The drop off from McTominay to Casemiro is huge. And in games like this - away to a side with a threat and pace on the counter, it could be a problem. I know we're on a roll, but it wouldn't surprise me to see us drop points in the next 2 games.
Felwin
Legend

Yeah I reckon this is a banana skin as well. But if we can navigate it similar to the Wolves game and come away with a well fought 3 points, it'll just add to the belief.
dozer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Its a banana skin this. Casemiro will probably rested to avoid a yellow and suspension for Arsenal. Rashford too, given his knock against City. Our first 11 is now pretty strong - striker aside, but as soon as you start to take a couple of key players out, the depth ain't there. The drop off from McTominay to Casemiro is huge. And in games like this - away to a side with a threat and pace on the counter, it could be a problem. I know we're on a roll, but it wouldn't surprise me to see us drop points in the next 2 games.
Considering Palace are weaker than Arsenal, I'd rather we play our full strength team now and risk losing them in the next game.
We need the 3 points. Arsenal could beat us anyway even with our full strength team and we're not competing for the league title so there's that.
fat maradona
Legend

Quite a strong line up tbf, Weghorst starts.