vs Charlton

Forum for match day threads
fat maradona
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Rash again, this is the best form he's ever been in
Yes but can you imagine how good he'd be if he didn't have such low IQ.

What with Pellistri and Diallo showing signs of real promise, chuck in Antony (give him a break lads, new league, new country etc), Garnacho and Sancho (he'll come good, I'm sure of that) and for the first time in 15 years we have options on the wings.
FuB
Site Admin

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Rash again, this is the best form he's ever been in
Yes but can you imagine how good he'd be if he didn't have such low IQ.

What with Pellistri and Diallo showing signs of real promise, chuck in Antony (give him a break lads, new league, new country etc), Garnacho and Sancho (he'll come good, I'm sure of that) and for the first time in 15 years we have options on the wings.
I appreciate it's a new league and new country but any issues he might have with that would likely manifest themselves as a lack of confidence. I don't see a lack of confidence in someone who can showboat a 360 degree spin. Instead I see a complete lack of a right foot which, let's be honest, is something of a problem in a right winger. Even Valencia used his left foot from time to time and he got regularly pilloried for being too right-footed. Since Antony joined, you can count the times he's even attempted to beat his man on one hand and his only plan is to try and get to the edge of the area on his left foot to curl in a worldy. Opposing teams quickly picked up on that - even Charlton did after he scored - thus rendering him pretty ineffective.

Pellisti, in a 10 minute cameo, showed more balls and drive than Antony has over weeks in a starting slot. You'd expect a lack of confidence in someone getting his first chance but I didn't see that at all. He also looked quality when he got opportunities for Uruguay in the WC. That said, so did Antony look great on occasions so where's that level of skill and quality when he's in the United squad playing for a manager and with tactics he's far more used to than the rest of the squad bar Martinez?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
fat maradona
Legend

Agreed FuB, he's currently a one trick pony and the other teams have sussed him out. And I'd agree he currently brings no value to the team. However, ETH was quite insistent we signed him (over Gakpo) and so in ETH we must trust. Sancho was a Board signing but Antony was at the request of the manager and his other calls have all been alright thus far.

I just think we expect too much too quickly, like those millenials who want everything at the click of a finger
Felwin
Legend

I'm giving Antony a bit of a long leash as well. You can definitely see why Hag bought him, at his best he helps us keep the ball and keep the pressure on and drifts into dangerous positions at the far post. If Garnacho could've found him last night he would've had a couple more goals. Frustrating that he can't bomb past players like Garnacho but we don't need the same player on both flanks - good to have options.

I felt Antony missed Bruno as well last night. Someone to combine with on that flank. He might look a lot better when we at some point have a proper right back as well.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

City comprehensively beaten by bottom club Southampton. So it's them, Forest and Newcastle left. Really good chance for Hag to get some silverware
bman2
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago City comprehensively beaten by bottom club Southampton. So it's them, Forest and Newcastle left. Really good chance for Hag to get some silverware
I really want this now for TH and the squad. Feels like it would come at a good time to give's them a nice bit of momentum.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago City comprehensively beaten by bottom club Southampton. So it's them, Forest and Newcastle left. Really good chance for Hag to get some silverware
I really want this now for TH and the squad. Feels like it would come at a good time to give's them a nice bit of momentum.
Same. And then imagine if the Glazers have fucked off by summer and new owners that give a shit are in, with a new plan to invest and strengthen. We'd be officially back.