Will we get top 4?

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

4th in the league, 2 points ahead of Spurs in 5th and 4 ahead of Liverpool in 6th with a game in hand on both. It's looking good.

I think we'll do it, might even finish 3rd if Newcastle drop out.
Jason
Star Man

Long way to go, but I reckon we'll end up 3rd.

Is the consensus with the fan base would rather have arsenal win the league rather than letting City get 3 in a row?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Fucking double down. Go and get a proper striker and we're in the hunt for 2nd. If only we had proper owners. Which hopefully we do, soon
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago Long way to go, but I reckon we'll end up 3rd.

Is the consensus with the fan base would rather have arsenal win the league rather than letting City get 3 in a row?
Yeah, definitely. Arsenal fans are unbearable but it's better than the UAE regime winning / getting 3 in a row. It also shows what you can do with a plan, good coaching, infrastructure etc. Gives non doped clubs hope.
bman2
Legend

I find it hard to be confident when we’re struggling so badly to score goals. But other than that, which is mostly a personnel problem, I’m very happy with what Ten Hag is doing for our style of play. The other problem is we don’t really have convincing subs for a few key players, like Casemiro, Eriksen, and Dalot.
dozer
Legend

4th will be a challenge. Like bman said we're not scoring enough goals. We've got the worst record among the top 6.
Chelsea are also spending bucket loads of money this window. They'll catch up.
bman2
Legend

Yeah without increasing our scoring, I think we’re more likely to lose ground to Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool than gain on the leaders. We might get by on a tight defense, but I don’t think our defense is quite good enough yet for that.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago 4th will be a challenge. Like bman said we're not scoring enough goals. We've got the worst record among the top 6.
Chelsea are also spending bucket loads of money this window. They'll catch up.
Spending money itself doesn't work. United proved that. It's who you buy and how you play that matters. Potter doesn't have a style of football yet and it remains to be seen whether he can implement one with Boehly being so involved. From what I've seen of this new era at Chelsea, there are similarities to United under Woodward.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

We're looking good for top 4, but I wonder what the thinking is regarding a striker in Jan. We clearly need one, but does our strong position mean the Glazers relax about any need to bring someone in, or do they double down and see it as a way to get a higher sales price if we look certs for CL football...?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Hang on, if we find a way to beat City and Arsenal, are we in a fucking title race...?