Will we get top 4?

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago ETH seems to be getting good performances out of Bissaka, and that’s really helpful. Otherwise we’ve depended on Dalot far too much. With Rashford our only scoring forward, we need at least one scorer, if not two. Any two of Giroud, Memphis, or Felix might get see us through. I’d love it if we could combine Felix with either Giroud or Memphis. That should be affordable even for us. Martial isn’t contributing, Sancho is off finding himself somewhere, and Antony has not shown much so far.
Giroud and Felix on loan would make huge sense, if the loan fees are low enough. The money saved on Ronaldo should cover their wages, if its 10m in loan fees then we get that back and much more with the CL, and you can then play Rashford and Felix off Giroud. Won't happen though.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

1 point behind City all games even. Not bad considering.
Jason
Star Man

The bookies are getting worried.

I put a 5er for utd to win the league( always the optimist!) And after yesterday I can cash out for double my money - maybe I should take my winnings and run.

If we do somehow manage to win vs Palace and arsenal, right in there with title shout.

Be interesting to see how NLD plays out today
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

If we were properly run and had the means, we could invest in a couple of top players this month and genuinely push for the title. Which is an amazing reflection of what Hag is doing.

A strong top 4 finish and a cup would be a cracking first year. Then, hopefully with new owners and investment secured, we can recruit well in the summer.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago If we were properly run and had the means, we could invest in a couple of top players this month and genuinely push for the title. Which is an amazing reflection of what Hag is doing.

A strong top 4 finish and a cup would be a cracking first year. Then, hopefully with new owners and investment secured, we can recruit well in the summer.
That's a good point, if the bank account wasn't empty, we could strengthen and have a real title push. It's a missed opportunity cos City are shite and Arsenal are liable to bottle it come the run in.

Still, you never know with Hag and the mentality at the minute. We're still the only team to not drop points since the world cup.
dozer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago If we were properly run and had the means, we could invest in a couple of top players this month and genuinely push for the title. Which is an amazing reflection of what Hag is doing.

That's a good point, if the bank account wasn't empty, we could strengthen and have a real title push. It's a missed opportunity cos City are shite and Arsenal are liable to bottle it come the run in.

Still, you never know with Hag and the mentality at the minute. We're still the only team to not drop points since the world cup.
There is no title push. We've improved and there are signs that we're following a good system. But our football is no where close to title winning quality. I watched the city game replays. Even in this game, it was obvious. We played like underdogs who won.

We've got a long way to go in terms of improvement before we can challenge. This isn't criticism. We've improved a lot and the signs are there that ten hag could be the manager to get us there.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago

There is no title push. We've improved and there are signs that we're following a good system. But our football is no where close to title winning quality. I watched the city game replays. Even in this game, it was obvious. We played like underdogs who won.

We've got a long way to go in terms of improvement before we can challenge. This isn't criticism. We've improved a lot and the signs are there that ten hag could be the manager to get us there.
We weren't underdogs. We were against Liverpool, and held on to win. But against City we were the better team in the first half. Then City had a good 20 minute spell in the second. But we pulled ourselves back into it, competed, and had a great 5 minute spell where we elevated our game above em, scored twice and won the game.

Hag recognised this too. It's real progress.

My worry is that this is as good as it gets before a long arduous selling process that hampers our ability to strengthen...
Felwin
Legend

What a couple of weeks it's been. If we win our game in hand over Spurs, top 4 is solidly in our hands. 41 points at the halfway point would be our best return since 2012-13 surely.

Chelsea have to be out of the hunt now and I think the scousers might be looking at a Dortmund style meltdown. They would never sack Klopp but he might jump ship.

I almost can't believe it but we might actually walz into the top 4 at this rate.
swampash
Legend

Take out the Geordies extra game and we're actually third...
bman2
Legend

I will be extremely happy with top four, and I’m not taking it for granted. It would be disappointment now if we don’t press on and secure top four, but it’s not at all certain IMHO. I think we’re probably in a statistical upswing where the luck goes our way a bit, so we’re not really going to sustain title-race results for the next 19 games. But I believe what my eyes tell me when I watch us play: the improvement is real. Top four quality.