Will we get top 4?

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

Liverpool two up against Newcastle already. Since Newcastle have trouble scoring goals, this could end well for us.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I wouldn't write Liverpool off for top 4.
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I wouldn't write Liverpool off for top 4.
Maybe this thread or another one, I mentioned I could see newcastle slip away.

Liverpool most likely to pick up form and sneak in to get 4th spot.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I wouldn't write Liverpool off for top 4.
Maybe this thread or another one, I mentioned I could see newcastle slip away.

Liverpool most likely to pick up form and sneak in to get 4th spot.
Aye they're 6 points off 4th with a game in hand. Even though they're shite, you'd think they'd have enough to put a run together.

Meanwhile we're hunting down second.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

This ain't nailed on. Going to Newcastle without Casemiro.... if they win that one, there's next to nothing in it.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago This ain't nailed on. Going to Newcastle without Casemiro.... if they win that one, there's next to nothing in it.
Yeah I thought people were taking this too much granted even before the recent bad results.
dozer
Legend

We have 50 points from 26 games.
If we extrapolate that to the end of the season we get 73 points this season. We had 74 points under solskjaer in the season we came second. We had 66 points in the season prior when we came third.

So the improvement in terms of points isn't great. Ten hags football seems to fare better in the eye test however and that can't be dismissed. But eventually we must do better than 74 points to show progress.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago This ain't nailed on. Going to Newcastle without Casemiro.... if they win that one, there's next to nothing in it.
Yeah I thought people were taking this too much granted even before the recent bad results.
Newcastle were better than us for large periods in the league cup final so it's definitely a hard game. But not beating them is inexcusable. The fatigue excuse will also be bollocks because it's on ten hag to rest the regulars in the Europa game where we should easily be able to handle a 3 goal lead with our key players rested.
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
Newcastle were better than us for large periods in the league cup final so it's definitely a hard game. But not beating them is inexcusable. The fatigue excuse will also be bollocks because it's on ten hag to rest the regulars in the Europa game where we should easily be able to handle a 3 goal lead with our key players rested.
It's the fa cup vs Fulham up next after the europa game, and there's an international break the week after the fa cup.

We don't play Newcastle until 2nd April.

But regardless, we should still be beating them, and I'm still pretty confident we finish 3rd.
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 1 year ago We have 50 points from 26 games.
If we extrapolate that to the end of the season we get 73 points this season. We had 74 points under solskjaer in the season we came second. We had 66 points in the season prior when we came third.

So the improvement in terms of points isn't great. Ten hags football seems to fare better in the eye test however and that can't be dismissed. But eventually we must do better than 74 points to show progress.
You seem to forgetting we are coming from where we were last season. Not 2 or 3 years ago.

58 points last season, so if you ask me, thats a pretty good improvement!