Qatar World Cup

Non-United football chat
dozer
Legend

Wasn't it benzema that pogba allegedly did some black magic against?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Did anyone catch the opener? I half watched it after missing the first 20 mins.

It was broadcast like a regular game tbh. The BBC pundits addressed some issues before the game and that Alex Scott spoke passionately. But I'd be fucked off if that was it. It'd feel token.

As for the football, Qatar are properly shite. They're so bad some of the challenges were quite dangerous. Ecuador are good though. They play aggressive attacking football.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Did anyone catch the opener? I half watched it after missing the first 20 mins.

It was broadcast like a regular game tbh. The BBC pundits addressed some issues before the game and that Alex Scott spoke passionately. But I'd be fucked off if that was it. It'd feel token.

As for the football, Qatar are properly shite. They're so bad some of the challenges were quite dangerous. Ecuador are good though. They play aggressive attacking football.
Can’t muster any enthusiasm for it at all. Not even sure I’m bothering to watch the England game tomorrow.
Jason
Star Man

Way to make a stand lads.

Can't be taking that booking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63699477

All the shite about this one love band, and now they've backed out last minute. Pretty cowardly.
FuB
Site Admin

That's the problem, though. It's all just a load of hot air and waffle.

In a month's time the media that's going all out to detail how this horrible regime behaves will forget all about it.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
dozer
Legend

People protesting about Qatar's issues are just full of shit if they watch the games. If one has the dish, especially after knowing all this, one shouldn't complain.
swampash
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Wasn't it benzema that pogba allegedly did some black magic against?
It was Mbappe and it was a voodoo spell, I think.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago Way to make a stand lads.

All the shite about this one love band, and now they've backed out last minute. Pretty cowardly.
We don't know what's been said behind the scenes. A booking for wearing the armband, but then what, if the player doesn't remove it? Is that continued misconduct and a red card? Not that it should matter IF you really want to make a stand. Ultimately, if the football takes precedence, you'll never make the stand you could.
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
Jason wrote: 1 year ago Way to make a stand lads.

We don't know what's been said behind the scenes. A booking for wearing the armband, but then what, if the player doesn't remove it? Is that continued misconduct and a red card? Not that it should matter IF you really want to make a stand. Ultimately, if the football takes precedence, you'll never make the stand you could.
Well this is the point - its a pretty shit stand, if as soon as you meet your first real push back you fold.

What progress would be made if any protest at people being wronged was stopped as soon as an authority says, actually stop or else. The team shouldn't have went in the 1st place, but they are there now, and the one "stand" they've been tallking about was the one love capt band, but that has gone out the window at the 1st hint of an issue.

Its just all bull shit.

Edited to remove Qatar Palestine Captain band part, apparently he didn't follow through with that either. So seems like FIFA just threaten all political/humanitarian messages across the board - at least they are consistent on that front.
dozer
Legend

Gakpo looks like a good player. His crosses are quality.