Qatar World Cup

Non-United football chat
Felwin
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Shows more guts and has more impact to go there and criticize the hosts during live coverage, IMHO.

The thing that annoys me is that there wasn’t nearly as much criticism when it came to hosting the WC in Russia, or the Olympics in China. Definitely a double standard there.
I'm not sure that's the case tbf. I think we've all just taken a while to adjust and really realise where we should be pointing the finger.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has had an impact too I reckon. Made a lot of outlets more determined to not make the same mistake again.
FuB
Site Admin

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Shows more guts and has more impact to go there and criticize the hosts during live coverage, IMHO.

The thing that annoys me is that there wasn’t nearly as much criticism when it came to hosting the WC in Russia, or the Olympics in China. Definitely a double standard there.
I'm not sure that's the case tbf. I think we've all just taken a while to adjust and really realise where we should be pointing the finger.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has had an impact too I reckon. Made a lot of outlets more determined to not make the same mistake again.
They annexed Crimea in 2014 and shot down the Malaysia airlines flight the same year. Fingers were being pointed then but no one stopped sucking Putin's cock in 2018.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
dozer
Legend

Holland are showing the same symptoms we did under Van Gaal. The team won't step up a gear and puts us all to sleep. It might work in the world cup but it's among the most boring football anyone has served up.
bman2
Legend

USA the better team in the first half, should be 1 up really. If they keep knocking it long between Maguire and Shaw, they’ll strike gold eventually.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago USA the better team in the first half, should be 1 up really. If they keep knocking it long between Maguire and Shaw, they’ll strike gold eventually.
England really suffering from not having an identity. Southgate also goes conservative against any team that can cause us a slight problem. It's the mentality of the British managers of old aka Allardyce, Pulis etc. Cautious and unadventurous.
bman2
Legend

USA definitely the better side. I expected England to come out and boss the second half, but the opposite happened. With the quality of the English squad, it’s mad that they couldn’t get any penetration and couldn’t handle limited but quick players running at them.

Still just the group stage, but fuck me you’re entitled to expect better. Definitely one of the top 4 squads in the tournament.
bman2
Legend

I was loving the American keeper actually, shame we didn’t go for him this summer, Arsenal picked him up instead. Handled crosses authoritatively and didn’t shy away from playing it on the ground.
Jason
Star Man

Southgate is so overrated, no excuses that England squad should be doing better against likes of USA.

They will probably scrap through to semis again before exit and he'll keep his "reputation" when in reality that England squad should be easily making it that far and have a strong shout of winning it.
bman2
Legend

Is he overrated? Does someone rate him?
dozer
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago Southgate is so overrated, no excuses that England squad should be doing better against likes of USA.

They will probably scrap through to semis again before exit and he'll keep his "reputation" when in reality that England squad should be easily making it that far and have a strong shout of winning it.
If he makes the semi finals then he's been England's best manager for decades no?
England have had higher profile managers do worse with the golden generation.

Edit: actually he's already the best considering he's gotten a semi final last world cup and a final in the euros.