Vs Chelsea

Forum for match day threads
swampash
Legend

Jason wrote: 3 months ago
swampash wrote: 3 months ago Ten Hag is surely toast at the end of the season after that?
As long as its not for southgate.

Even we had won that game, there is zero control. In this day its no way to try and build a winning team.
I know; it’s just totally shambolic.
No way Southgate…please…
fat maradona
Legend

At least every game seems to be like a cup final, open and chaotic. Better to watch that than the shite we were playing at the start of the season.

I point the finger at the players first, too many useless cunts out there. I’m also starting to wonder whether Hag fluked it at Ajax.
swampash
Legend

I wonder how many players are contemplating feigning injury, to avoid getting stuffed by Liverpool?
Felwin
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 months ago At least every game seems to be like a cup final, open and chaotic. Better to watch that than the shite we were playing at the start of the season.

I point the finger at the players first, too many useless cunts out there. I’m also starting to wonder whether Hag fluked it at Ajax.
He was just a good fit at Ajax. Knew the culture, clearly likes bringing through young players and playing positively (suits young players more). Top end of the Prem is probably beyond him but I reckon the real issue is that he wasn’t the guy to do the open heart surgery that Rangnick said we needed. Especially when the club gave him full control over transfers despite never doing that in his life.

All those tiny mistakes on the hiring process have added up to the shite we see today. Top clubs (that aren’t doped) are allowed 1-2 of them tiny mistakes a year, not the 30 odd that we make every season.
Steggo
First Teamer

swampash wrote: 3 months ago I wonder how many players are contemplating feigning injury, to avoid getting stuffed by Liverpool?
Felwin wrote: 3 months ago [quote="fat maradona" post_id=186492 time=<a href="tel:1712300586">1712300586</a> user_id=177]
At least every game seems to be like a cup final, open and chaotic. Better to watch that than the shite we were playing at the start of the season.

He was just a good fit at Ajax. Knew the culture, clearly likes bringing through young players and playing positively (suits young players more). Top end of the Prem is probably beyond him but I reckon the real issue is that he wasn’t the guy to do the open heart surgery that Rangnick said we needed. Especially when the club gave him full control over transfers despite never doing that in his life.

All those tiny mistakes on the hiring process have added up to the shite we see today. Top clubs (that aren’t doped) are allowed 1-2 of them tiny mistakes a year, not the 30 odd that we make every season.
[/quote] ;))
Steggo
First Teamer

Great points Felwin. Totally agree. I honestly thought Ten Gag was going to be the answer but it appears not. As you say, not all of it is his fault (except team selection, tactics etc etc🥴).