Vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
Felwin
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
Felwin wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
Felwin wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Brilliant from Bruno. And an example of the positivity, directness and penetration you get from Antony that you don't from Sancho.

Drop in a proper number 9, and then maybe a left sided forward and we could be a proper side.

Casemiro makes a massive difference
So Sancho's move off the ball into space, calm dribble and layoff to Fred for the opener just didn't happen then? :-?
I may be blinded to bits of what Sancho can do so this may sound overly harsh but it's my view - the lay off to Fred was a simple, safe and sideways option. The 'right' ball to play in that situation would normally have been for Shaws overlap run. Without that deflection, we don't get the first goal. He's too safe. Doesn't beat a man, doesn't run behind, no real penetration with his passing. He doesn't offer enough.
Do we need that in every position though? Bruno takes risks, Antony takes risks, Fred in this setup takes risk, Dalot and Shaw get forward. Nice to have another cool head that isn't Eriksen. I'll admit he's not in blinding form but how often have we lacked composure in recent years? Rashford is a bottler. Lingard and Pogba were bottlers. With Sancho it's maybe a bit of belief that's lacking
I guess what you see as composure I see as a lack of ability to create and playing too safe. Not enough contribution to creating chances for what I want in a forward player, especially when you've paid 75m for him.
I just think we should be painfully aware of how valuable that is and how lacking it's been for us in recent years. How often did we lose the ball in the final third under Ole? Things just broke down all the time. Sancho is always in space, always available, moves well, tricks defenders, just not putting in that amazing final ball. I see it more as a part of his game to develop than a major weakness. Technically he's definitely got something.

And the price tag isn't his fault.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Looked like a good ovation for Casemiro. He enjoyed it too. His best game yet?
Jason
Star Man

Fucking Ronaldo away down the tunnel.

The club neee shot of him ASAP.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago Fucking Ronaldo away down the tunnel.

Poor form is that.
FuB
Site Admin

Fucking hell he needs to go
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Felwin
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago Fucking Ronaldo away down the tunnel.

Absolute twat. Riles me that OT sing his songs as well. Short memories whoever is getting involved with that chanting.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Hag has handled the Ronaldo challenge well so far. I think he's earned the trust and respect of the squad in how he's approached things.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Best performance under Hag so far is that
dozer
Legend

This was a 2-0 thrashing. We should have been so many goals ahead. For the first time in a long time I could see some team chemistry.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Martinez easily out battling 6 ft odd Kane, beautiful