Vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
Jason
Star Man

Yes Bruno, lovely goal.

If this stays 2 nil great win.

Also has Rednapp been saying much about martinez height the past 6 or so weeks?

Hes been immense against kane tonight, and in general.
dozer
Legend

Lovely goal by bruno
Felwin
Legend

BRUNOOOOOOOO
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Brilliant from Bruno. And an example of the positivity, directness and penetration you get from Antony that you don't from Sancho.

Drop in a proper number 9, and then maybe a left sided forward and we could be a proper side.

Casemiro makes a massive difference
Felwin
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Brilliant from Bruno. And an example of the positivity, directness and penetration you get from Antony that you don't from Sancho.

Drop in a proper number 9, and then maybe a left sided forward and we could be a proper side.

So Sancho's move off the ball into space, calm dribble and layoff to Fred for the opener just didn't happen then? :-?
Felwin
Legend

Marcus FFS, take a shitting chance
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Brilliant from Bruno. And an example of the positivity, directness and penetration you get from Antony that you don't from Sancho.

So Sancho's move off the ball into space, calm dribble and layoff to Fred for the opener just didn't happen then? :-?
I may be blinded to bits of what Sancho can do so this may sound overly harsh but it's my view - the lay off to Fred was a simple, safe and sideways option. The 'right' ball to play in that situation would normally have been for Shaws overlap run. Without that deflection, we don't get the first goal. He's too safe. Doesn't beat a man, doesn't run behind, no real penetration with his passing. He doesn't offer enough.
Felwin
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago

I may be blinded to bits of what Sancho can do so this may sound overly harsh but it's my view - the lay off to Fred was a simple, safe and sideways option. The 'right' ball to play in that situation would normally have been for Shaws overlap run. Without that deflection, we don't get the first goal. He's too safe. Doesn't beat a man, doesn't run behind, no real penetration with his passing. He doesn't offer enough.
Do we need that in every position though? Bruno takes risks, Antony takes risks, Fred in this setup takes risk, Dalot and Shaw get forward. Nice to have another cool head that isn't Eriksen. I'll admit he's not in blinding form but how often have we lacked composure in recent years? Rashford is a bottler. Lingard and Pogba were bottlers. With Sancho it's maybe a bit of belief that's lacking
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

It's nice to play an old fashioned counterattacking team that can't handle a simple press. It's like how we played for 5 years before Hag.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago

Do we need that in every position though? Bruno takes risks, Antony takes risks, Fred in this setup takes risk, Dalot and Shaw get forward. Nice to have another cool head that isn't Eriksen. I'll admit he's not in blinding form but how often have we lacked composure in recent years? Rashford is a bottler. Lingard and Pogba were bottlers. With Sancho it's maybe a bit of belief that's lacking
I guess what you see as composure I see as a lack of ability to create and playing too safe. Not enough contribution to creating chances for what I want in a forward player, especially when you've paid 75m for him.