Time for a change...

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

Go for it. The Forum and NQAT belong together.
I don't think we need to keep too much of an archive either - could probably dump anything that's a year old.
FuB
Site Admin

I've simulated killing any topic that hasn't been posted to for a year and that leaves us with a very sparse forum.

The Rant Forum -> 45 topics
Anything But United -> 5 topics
Match Day -> 55 topics

The Den -> 5 topics
The Commons -> 3 topics
Other Sports -> 0 topics

Happy to do this if that's what people want. If there are any threads here presently that people wanted to keep then they could bump them with a post now to save them from the grim pruner.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
dozer
Legend

I agree with the comments.

Do we even need matchday? It's just matchday. Once it's done, I don't think anyone revisits it.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Fub, let’s do it. If you don’t mind, and have the time, can you crack on and make the necessary changes 😊❤️
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
FuB
Site Admin

dozer wrote: 1 year ago I agree with the comments.

Do we even need matchday? It's just matchday. Once it's done, I don't think anyone revisits it.
It was set up as a distinct subforum so i could change the settings on whether you were notified of new posts whilst you were composing your post since it was annoying in matchday threads.

So, yes, i think we need that subforum but I believe I could set it to prune out old threads automatically after so many days or weeks.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Yeah I think we should remove the toxicity from those bad years. One it's off putting to newcomers. Most new members read the forum first (sometimes for years) then post. But having that shite hanging around is off putting.

Also we should keep it in line with twitter, FB, reddit etc who have all had to clean up their act. There are laws against online bullying, pile ons, dogwhistling, threats, harassment and obviously racism & misogyny. I aren't accusing anyone and certainly not avoiding blame myself. But the internet is very much not the wild west anymore. That applies to Rant.

Moreover it's in line with Ed / NQATs values and beliefs. NQAT and the other contributors on the pod, on twitter etc have been strong on Ronaldo, Giggs, racism, misogyny - the lot. This is Eds forum at the end of the day. He pays for it. He's also liable, I think? With this in mind having posts that refer to black people as "black pudding" need to go asap. Back em up if you must but get em off the main view.

I would also get rid of the dead topics. Threads which haven't been posted in for years. We use the forum differently now. We tend to post on matches and transfers. If people want to talk about other stuff eg politics, other sports then we can set up new topics for them as and when.

I would like Rant to be a part of NQAT and hopefully pull some members from there. But also just reflect more accurately what this place is now.
Spot on.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

FuB wrote: 1 year ago I've simulated killing any topic that hasn't been posted to for a year and that leaves us with a very sparse forum.

The Rant Forum -> 45 topics
Anything But United -> 5 topics
Match Day -> 55 topics

The Den -> 5 topics
The Commons -> 3 topics
Other Sports -> 0 topics

Happy to do this if that's what people want. If there are any threads here presently that people wanted to keep then they could bump them with a post now to save them from the grim pruner.
Do it. Let the grim pruner run wild.
FuB
Site Admin

Consider yourselves pruned, motherfuckers
dozer
Legend

The font has changed. And the pruning of course.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

That's a lot better. I like the new font as well. I noticed the Van Gaal thread is still there though. I can't be arsed to go through it but I'm assuming there's no toxic shite in there?

Also are we getting a new banner and URL?