Vs Saints

Forum for match day threads
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago
Sid wrote: 1 year ago Teams will be looking at Malacia, Martinez, Casemiro and Varane and thinking they're gonna get a tough game against em.

Whereas before they took the piss out of Slabhead, Hoof, Shaw and McT
You forgot to add Fred to that list.

But this is exactly what me and my lad were saying during the game. Composure, game reading, mobility in defence thanks to no Maguire, Shaw or Lindelof. Ball retention in midfield thanks to no Fred and having a ball progressor like Eriksen.

Sancho looks much more comfortable under Ten Hag. Shame Rashford seemed quiet but he's not a no.9.

What a difference having a proper Manager, someone who has a system and tactics and the like.
Sancho isn't playing well yet.
Rashford isn't a 9 but he's not good at any position.
We didn't retain the ball ffs. We were terrible in possession.
A centre forward is a bigger priority than a winger. It looks like Ronaldo will be gone. We don't even have enough crap centre forwards now. We just have Martial who's injured. I'm still not sure if he's a number 9 or a winger. He's crap at both mind.
Felwin
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
:D
Felwin
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago There's a lot of praise online for this 1-0 win. We scraped a 1-0 victory against a team with much worse players. A draw would probably have been a fairer result. Our football, particularly, after the goal was terrible. Our defence saved us.
Oh come on, have you seen how shit we've been since that Atleti game?! You can see ETH having an impact. He's trying stuff and they're listening. A couple of better decisions on the break post 70 mins and we'd have had 2-3 goals. Ronny being piss poor and slow was a massive factor.

I know there's a lot of hate for defending a lead against "poorer" teams (we were bottom of the league last week), but it was well organised and they were committed. This wasn't a Jose sit-in-and-hope. Never had the feeling personally that any of the defending was last-ditch. It's always last-ditch with Maguire and Lindehoof.
FuB
Site Admin

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago
dozer wrote: 1 year ago There's a lot of praise online for this 1-0 win. We scraped a 1-0 victory against a team with much worse players. A draw would probably have been a fairer result. Our football, particularly, after the goal was terrible. Our defence saved us.
Oh come on, have you seen how shit we've been since that Atleti game?! You can see ETH having an impact. He's trying stuff and they're listening. A couple of better decisions on the break post 70 mins and we'd have had 2-3 goals. Ronny being piss poor and slow was a massive factor.

I know there's a lot of hate for defending a lead against "poorer" teams (we were bottom of the league last week), but it was well organised and they were committed. This wasn't a Jose sit-in-and-hope. Never had the feeling personally that any of the defending was last-ditch. It's always last-ditch with Maguire and Lindehoof.
Spot on, Felwin. No reason for any of us to get carried away but this was streets ahead what we've been seeing for months and months now.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
OliverB
Reserves

A win is a win, we usually drop points against teams with less quality than us, this is how we have been regularly ending up in situations where our managers 'need a win the next game to keep their job', this time we have had a big result against Liverpool and followed it up with a clean sheet and 3 points... rater than a big result followed by a loss to bring us back down to earth.

It has a different feel about it... we may just have a manager who if you don't pull your weight will actually drop you rather than fecking about... that in itself gives me a bit more optimism than the last few years.
;)
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

OliverB wrote: 1 year ago A win is a win, we usually drop points against teams with less quality than us, this is how we have been regularly ending up in situations where our managers 'need a win the next game to keep their job', this time we have had a big result against Liverpool and followed it up with a clean sheet and 3 points... rater than a big result followed by a loss to bring us back down to earth.

It has a different feel about it... we may just have a manager who if you don't pull your weight will actually drop you rather than fecking about... that in itself gives me a bit more optimism than the last few years.
You can say fucking on here, Oliver
FuB
Site Admin

Only if you wash your keyboard out with soap and water afterwards
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

The lad they had at CB, Bella-Kotchap looks a real prospect. Only 20, German U21 international, only cost 9m in the summmer. Physically imposing, pacy, decent on the ball. He’ll get a big move in a couple of years, mark my words. Why do we not pick up gems like that? Although, Malacia might be one tbf.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago The lad they had at CB, Bella-Kotchap looks a real prospect. Only 20, German U21 international, only cost 9m in the summmer. Physically imposing, pacy, decent on the ball. He’ll get a big move in a couple of years, mark my words. Why do we not pick up gems like that? Although, Malacia might be one tbf.
Good shout. He looks like a classic data-led signing. Hasenhuttl has wanted a specific type of player and they've looked at the data and found one. We'll sign him when he costs 65m. That's all we can do, sign obvious targets and rely on word of mouth.
swampash
Legend

The German U-21 squad is a good place for the scouts to start. Said it yonks ago. Bit beyond our scouting system though...