Vs Liverpool

Forum for match day threads
Felwin
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago I'm still buzzing from that win but I'm not going to get my hopes up until I see this type performance for a few games in succession. Dropping Maguire and Ronaldo, and hopefully McFred, is just the start. Both of the new lads in defence showed up how shit Shaw and Maguire are.
Been thinking the same all day. Not been this buzzing in a long time, felt like a virtually complete performance. But if we drop points through brain farts against Southampton then we'll see how much of a work in progress this side really is. ETH needs to be strong and stick to his guns with Ronaldo, Maguire and Shaw. Big problem last season was, if you drop them, the replacement is just as shite, but with a couple of hungry players breathing down their necks then it can only be an improvement.
bman2
Legend

Excellent tactics, excellent performance, and gutsy team choices. I thought ETH looked like a deer in headlights the first two games, but he impressed me yesterday. Tore Liverpool open. He dropped Ronaldo for Elanga ffs, then Elanga was very unlucky not to score the first goal.

Of course, we probably can’t play that way against most teams. It was a bit of a return to Oleball. It will be interesting to see if we manage to improve on playing it out from the keeper, the way we tried the first two games. Under Ole, we never managed to develop a convincing style of play when we dominated possession.
bman2
Legend

Watching Varane and Martinez yesterday was the first time in years that I’ve seen two United players look like a good CB partnership.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Watching Varane and Martinez yesterday was the first time in years that I’ve seen two United players look like a good CB partnership.
Its a proper partnership. Lets hope Varane stays fit...
swampash
Legend

Anyone else having trouble using the quote function here? On my iPad and iPhone the quote text is all scrunched up, the box you type into is tiny and there‘s no space to type a comment.
Is it just me or is there a problem?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I can use the quick reply function, but can't quote, can't reply, can't start a new topic.
FuB
Site Admin

Please see the forum upgrade thread for details...
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

Here we go again. A point would be a good result here, because their home form is still good this season. One of the few challenging ties we have left, if we maintain our recent standards. Newcastle have lost today and Spurs are a goal behind with 5 minutes left, so us dropping two points this weekend wouldn’t be a disaster.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Here we go again. A point would be a good result here, because their home form is still good this season. One of the few challenging ties we have left, if we maintain our recent standards. Newcastle have lost today and Spurs are a goal behind with 5 minutes left, so us dropping two points this weekend wouldn’t be a disaster.
Arsenal's name is on the trophy. Shame they got that late winner, that'll be huge for them.

Agree re. tomorrow. I actually don't think we'll get anything, this is the only fixture of theirs that has proper meaning now. Its their cup final.
swampash
Legend

I fancy we might just nick this one.