V No One Cares

Forum for match day threads
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 2950
Joined: 9 years ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 7 months ago
dozer wrote: 7 months ago Rangnick had said he would even recommend himself for an other season if we didn't find a manager. He would have gotten us relegated, if he'd continued wkrh the job next season.
Dozer, Ralf ain't the problem.
I know. I'm pointing out that he's shit anyway.
City and pool wouldn't touch him if their managers were to leave. These are clubs with no problems.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 7823
Joined: 9 years ago

dozer wrote: 7 months ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 7 months ago
dozer wrote: 7 months ago Rangnick had said he would even recommend himself for an other season if we didn't find a manager. He would have gotten us relegated, if he'd continued wkrh the job next season.
Dozer, Ralf ain't the problem.
I know. I'm pointing out that he's shit anyway.
City and pool wouldn't touch him if their managers were to leave. These are clubs with no problems.
You're right, they wouldn't hire him as their permanent manager. He's only had 2 years experience as a manager so that alone means he wouldn't get the job.

But we didn't hire him as our permanent manager either. He's an interim. And he's done it brilliantly, highlighting the problems etc. although he's not without fault

But this idea that he could implement the foundations of modern football in 6 months without the ability to sell or players amongst other things, is fucking laughable. It's another botched plan, and further proof the people making the decisions are fucking clueless. Worrying for the future.
fat maradona
Star Man
Posts: 934
Joined: 9 years ago

Sid wrote: 7 months ago
You're right, they wouldn't hire him as their permanent manager. He's only had 2 years experience as a manager so that alone means he wouldn't get the job.

But we didn't hire him as our permanent manager either. He's an interim. And he's done it brilliantly, highlighting the problems etc. although he's not without fault

But this idea that he could implement the foundations of modern football in 6 months without the ability to sell or players amongst other things, is fucking laughable. It's another botched plan, and further proof the people making the decisions are fucking clueless. Worrying for the future.
Perhaps you're right, perhaps the state of the footballing side of the club is so far adrift of where it should be that what is realistic is a 5 year plan.

It's also perhaps possible that by swapping out the unqualified twats we've had running the footballing side and replacing them with proper qualified folk is going to solve a large part of the problem. Sure we've got a coach full bunch of players that aren't good enough or want to stick around and they'll go but won't be replaced completely. But we do also have some of the best yoot we've had since the class of '92. Perhaps we don't need to buy as many players as will end up (hopefuly) leaving.

All I know is that surely it can't get any worse. We've a ballsy manager coming in, we've changed the people in charge of scouting and recruitment and a LOT of players have been called/found out. Surely that's progress right there?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 7823
Joined: 9 years ago

fat maradona wrote: 7 months ago
Sid wrote: 7 months ago
You're right, they wouldn't hire him as their permanent manager. He's only had 2 years experience as a manager so that alone means he wouldn't get the job.

But we didn't hire him as our permanent manager either. He's an interim. And he's done it brilliantly, highlighting the problems etc. although he's not without fault

But this idea that he could implement the foundations of modern football in 6 months without the ability to sell or players amongst other things, is fucking laughable. It's another botched plan, and further proof the people making the decisions are fucking clueless. Worrying for the future.
Perhaps you're right, perhaps the state of the footballing side of the club is so far adrift of where it should be that what is realistic is a 5 year plan.

It's also perhaps possible that by swapping out the unqualified twats we've had running the footballing side and replacing them with proper qualified folk is going to solve a large part of the problem. Sure we've got a coach full bunch of players that aren't good enough or want to stick around and they'll go but won't be replaced completely. But we do also have some of the best yoot we've had since the class of '92. Perhaps we don't need to buy as many players as will end up (hopefuly) leaving.

All I know is that surely it can't get any worse. We've a ballsy manager coming in, we've changed the people in charge of scouting and recruitment and a LOT of players have been called/found out. Surely that's progress right there?
It is progress, aye. We're in a better state then we were a year ago despite being higher up in the league under Ole. Another reason to be optimistic (or in my case less cynical) is the fact Ten Hag can make players better, so he can hopefully turn some of the quality youth you mentioned into decent / top players.

I'm just wary of false dawns. Been hurt too many times!
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2373
Joined: 8 years ago

I still thinks it’s about for more than the manager. If the owners try and bluff the fans with a new manager but don’t totally overhaul the squad, then it won’t work. Pep, Klopp or Tuchel couldn’t succeed with the squad as it stands.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 2950
Joined: 9 years ago

swampash wrote: 7 months ago I still thinks it’s about for more than the manager. If the owners try and bluff the fans with a new manager but don’t totally overhaul the squad, then it won’t work. Pep, Klopp or Tuchel couldn’t succeed with the squad as it stands.
Yep. Let's see if mediocrity continues to be rewarded. Will a lot of the long term staff and players who've been mediocre for long continue to stay? Even though we have a lot of players leaving we still have too many still here. Even the people leaving are players with their contracts running out, these are not players who are being kicked out.
Didn't we try to extend Pogba's contract? Idk if Ralf tried to do this though. It looks like he didn't want pogba to stay which is a plus.

People under contracts need to be booted out.
There are no signs of that happening yet. I know the window isn't open yet but I'd like to see mediocre players be sold regardless of whether we have replacements or not. Lindelof, Bailly, Jones, Shaw, Rashford, Martial, Mct etc need to go. Even if we don't sign replacements they still need to go. The message must be clear that the club won't continue to accept mediocrity anymore.

I don't see this happening.
sheesh
Legend
Posts: 1239
Joined: 7 years ago

dozer wrote: 7 months ago
swampash wrote: 7 months ago I still thinks it’s about for more than the manager. If the owners try and bluff the fans with a new manager but don’t totally overhaul the squad, then it won’t work. Pep, Klopp or Tuchel couldn’t succeed with the squad as it stands.
Yep. Let's see if mediocrity continues to be rewarded. Will a lot of the long term staff and players who've been mediocre for long continue to stay? Even though we have a lot of players leaving we still have too many still here. Even the people leaving are players with their contracts running out, these are not players who are being kicked out.
Didn't we try to extend Pogba's contract? Idk if Ralf tried to do this though. It looks like he didn't want pogba to stay which is a plus.

People under contracts need to be booted out.
There are no signs of that happening yet. I know the window isn't open yet but I'd like to see mediocre players be sold regardless of whether we have replacements or not. Lindelof, Bailly, Jones, Shaw, Rashford, Martial, Mct etc need to go. Even if we don't sign replacements they still need to go. The message must be clear that the club won't continue to accept mediocrity anymore.

I don't see this happening.
I don't think it's a question of rewarding mediocrity.

Whilst we're going to see some players leave, we may have to keep hold of some of the shite. That might partly be down to maintaining squad numbers or, as I've said before, their contracts not expiring for a couple of years. Or, quite simply, no other club will take them off our hands (it may be that they're on massive wages, for example).

Out of the players you listed, there's no way on earth we'll sell Shaw. There are shitter players than him in the squad. I'd also be very surprised if we sold Lindelof or McTominay.

We have to be realistic.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2373
Joined: 8 years ago

An added complication is the 5 subs rule from next season. That’s going to favour the clubs that have already got well established, competent, large squads. We’re light years off that.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4116
Joined: 9 years ago

swampash wrote: 7 months ago An added complication is the 5 subs rule from next season. That’s going to favour the clubs that have already got well established, competent, large squads. We’re light years off that.
Huge advantage for the teams that play tiring pressing football and also have big squads. It's almost like City writes the rules now... :-?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 7823
Joined: 9 years ago

bman2 wrote: 7 months ago
swampash wrote: 7 months ago An added complication is the 5 subs rule from next season. That’s going to favour the clubs that have already got well established, competent, large squads. We’re light years off that.
Huge advantage for the teams that play tiring pressing football and also have big squads. It's almost like City writes the rules now... :-?
Good point that. Same for Liverpool too. And us if we can get our shit together.
Post Reply