Ralf’s Revolution…it’s starting.

Manchester United chat
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Tbf I did say how the fuck can he continue as a consultant when the players mock him, disrespect him and don't listen to him.
My gut reaction is that this is shit news. Ralf is a club builder and the club needs rebuilding.

He knows who the pricks in the squad are, he knows the dysfunctional way the club has been run. You can't buy that level of insight.

Ten Hag was asked about Rangnick's consultancy role during the recent press conference and said 'that's on the club'.

Sounds like he feels Rangnick isn't needed. I fear this could be a big mistake though and we'll go back to repeating the same old mistakes.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I actually think its probably for the best. There'd be ongoing questions over the nature of his role, and these players will latch on to anything they can to absolve themselves of responsibility.

From Ten Hag's point of view, having the guy who was interim still in the building could undermine his own authority too. From the very early indications I've seen of Hag, I can imagine him wanting Ralf to move on, and seeing it as HIS role to advise the club on anything Ralf might have wanted to wade into.
bman2
Legend

Everything the club says is bullshit. I think TH is a manager on the up, but to think he’s going to be able to magically transform a club that is just rotten from top to bottom is really optimistic. It seems to me that, looking at the big picture, the situation at United has been getting steadily worse since Ferguson and Gil retired. In terms of tactics, managers, and results, there have been ups and downs. But there’s a consistent downward trend in terms of the atmosphere, the commitment of the players, and of course the finances. It must be getting harder and harder to persuade top players to sign for the club. We pay them more and more money to overcome that reluctance, but the end result is a progressively worse, more toxic situation.
sheesh
Legend

Just to correct my previous post, this does seem more like a club decision, than an ETH decision.

It doesn't make sense to me that ETH wouldn't want someone like Rangnick around for at least the first season. Even if it just meant a chat on the phone once a month. I'd be very surprised if ETH make the decision to ditch him. Why wouldn't he want the benefit of someone else's insight?

Let''s see what transfer business gets done in the summer, but I fear for ten Hag if the shits in the dressing room are still here. Rashford will still be here, Maguire will still be here...very concerning.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 1 year ago Just to correct my previous post, this does seem more like a club decision, than an ETH decision.

It doesn't make sense to me that ETH wouldn't want someone like Rangnick around for at least the first season. Even if it just meant a chat on the phone once a month. I'd be very surprised if ETH make the decision to ditch him. Why wouldn't he want the benefit of someone else's insight?

Let''s see what transfer business gets done in the summer, but I fear for ten Hag if the shits in the dressing room are still here. Rashford will still be here, Maguire will still be here...very concerning.
Yeah I think he's been sacked too. It was only a week or two ago Ralf was telling us he was able to do the Austria job and the United job at the same time. Now, in that statement, he says he can't? Bollocks. It's a club decision.

Tbf his press conferences got more and more candid towards the end - I'm not surprised the board axed him. I don't think they were right to do so. But Rangnick exposed the whole lot - the Glazers, board, players. It's incredibly embarrassing for a club that's trying to convince an angry fan base, jaded shareholders and tired sponsors that the club has changed.

Also they won't trust him not to be vocal if/when the Hag project fails.

Again, I don't think they knew what they were getting with Ralf, just like they didn't with Jose and Gaal. Another absolute failure.
bman2
Legend

I think the reality of Manchester United today was summed up neatly when a journalist asked Rangnick what Fletcher did and he admitted that he had no idea. That was early on too, so he was still being fairly diplomatic. There’s all these people with overlapping titles like director of football, technical director, head scout, chief scout, blah blah blah. But it’s obvious they’re all doing nothing. The recruitment is shit. Squad management is incompetent. Management of back room staff is also totally incompetent, as shown when Carrick and McKenna just quit simultaneously and left Rangnick in the lurch. What good are Murtaugh, Carrick, and all these other people if they can’t even minimally staff the coaching team in the middle of a season? Can anyone remember any time previously when a professional football club found itself with no senior coaches in the middle of a season? And with no idea how to get any? Phelan is still at the club. Anyone have a clue what he does?

It’s obvious that Rangnick was making moves and trying to bring Paul Mitchell on board, a guy with as good a CV as you could ask for in terms of DoF stuff and player recruitment, who also happens to be from the area and totally gets the club. That’s obviously not going to happen. But why would we want one of the best DoFs around when we’ve got total nobodies like Murtaugh, Fletcher, and Phelan?

Bring in a new manager, blame the old one, and sign a couple of hyped players by throwing too much money at them to turn down. Players who’ll be throwing a strop to get out of the club in two years’ time. Some old shit with Glazer FC.
fat maradona
Legend

It might also be that the club weren't willing to make the wholesale changes that Ralf was suggesting were needed. And so they departed on mutual terms. It's not positive news as it did seem the big changes were coming after Ralf highlighted shit, so is the future that they will revert back to terrible mgmt of the club?
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago It might also be that the club weren't willing to make the wholesale changes that Ralf was suggesting were needed. And so they departed on mutual terms. It's not positive news as it did seem the big changes were coming after Ralf highlighted shit, so is the future that they will revert back to terrible mgmt of the club?
I think “mutual terms” in these situations means they paid him a big wedge to sign an agreement to limit what he says about the club afterward. I’m sure he could write a book that would sell well about the stuff he’s seen at United this season.
swampash
Legend

Game over.
The dross won't be turfed out, we won't be signing the players we need and the club architecture will remain the same. It was all just another PR stunt from the owners.
We're fucked...and I no longer give a shit.
fat maradona
Legend

Perhaps we should get the club renamed 'Renege United'.....with the slogan 'We always go back on our word'....