Ralf’s Revolution…it’s starting.

Manchester United chat
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 2950
Joined: 9 years ago

swampash wrote: 7 months ago I think we need a bit of a reality check here.
When the hobbit got sacked, we were seventh.
We are now sixth.
Ralf has spelled out, in no uncertain terms, what is wrong with the club and the current squad and what needs to be done.
He has shown what a shambles the scouting has been and presumably had a hand in its reshaping.
He has shown that the current squad are incapable or uninterested in playing modern football.
He’s been totally candid in interviews about the mess we are in and how to fix it.
What’s not to like?
This has been an absolute train wreck of a club for years. Carping on about the results in this context utterly misses the point.
Ralf has given the board and the owners a blueprint for the future. He can’t force them to action it but if they don’t, after the candid way Ralf has spelled out the issues, then it will be clear for all to see where the blame really lies. For that I, for one, am extremely grateful.
That's Ralf the consultant. He's not told us exactly what's wrong. He's said the club needs many players. The outcome of his consultancy will be known in the next couple of years so we have to hold the praise or criticism for now.
Staff are leaving. Idk if this is normal attrition or something more, but it looks like people are being fired, which is good.

His performance as a manager though has been crap. Perhaps our worst ever since Fergie. We can judge that. We can't judge his consultancy yet.
sheesh
Legend
Posts: 1239
Joined: 7 years ago

dozer wrote: 7 months ago
swampash wrote: 7 months ago I think we need a bit of a reality check here.
When the hobbit got sacked, we were seventh.
We are now sixth.
Ralf has spelled out, in no uncertain terms, what is wrong with the club and the current squad and what needs to be done.
He has shown what a shambles the scouting has been and presumably had a hand in its reshaping.
He has shown that the current squad are incapable or uninterested in playing modern football.
He’s been totally candid in interviews about the mess we are in and how to fix it.
What’s not to like?
This has been an absolute train wreck of a club for years. Carping on about the results in this context utterly misses the point.
Ralf has given the board and the owners a blueprint for the future. He can’t force them to action it but if they don’t, after the candid way Ralf has spelled out the issues, then it will be clear for all to see where the blame really lies. For that I, for one, am extremely grateful.
That's Ralf the consultant. He's not told us exactly what's wrong. He's said the club needs many players. The outcome of his consultancy will be known in the next couple of years so we have to hold the praise or criticism for now.
Staff are leaving. Idk if this is normal attrition or something more, but it looks like people are being fired, which is good.

His performance as a manager though has been crap. Perhaps our worst ever since Fergie. We can judge that. We can't judge his consultancy yet.
I agree with you that the results haven't been anywhere near good enough. I've mentioned this before but there are instances where his in-game management and use of substitutes has been questionable.

But even if he made all the right changes, the results wouldn't be any better. Too many players are shite and/or couldn't give a shite!!!

We've been shit for nine years ffs. Fans have been talking about the same shit for nine years as well. If all you're doing is judging Rangnick, you're missing the wood from the trees.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4116
Joined: 9 years ago

swampash wrote: 7 months ago I think we need a bit of a reality check here.
When the hobbit got sacked, we were seventh.
We are now sixth.
Ralf has spelled out, in no uncertain terms, what is wrong with the club and the current squad and what needs to be done.
He has shown what a shambles the scouting has been and presumably had a hand in its reshaping.
He has shown that the current squad are incapable or uninterested in playing modern football.
He’s been totally candid in interviews about the mess we are in and how to fix it.
What’s not to like?
This has been an absolute train wreck of a club for years. Carping on about the results in this context utterly misses the point.
Ralf has given the board and the owners a blueprint for the future. He can’t force them to action it but if they don’t, after the candid way Ralf has spelled out the issues, then it will be clear for all to see where the blame really lies. For that I, for one, am extremely grateful.
The people criticising Ralf are the people having a hard time accepting that the Ole years were an embarrassing exercise in nostalgia and mediocrity. Everything fell apart at the beginning of this season because when you bring in the likes of Ronaldo and Varane, the people around them aren't going to accept United acting like a wealthy version of West Ham, happy to be the underdog vying for a top four spot. When it all eventually comes out, I'm sure we'll find that Mendes and Ronaldo were a big part of putting an end to the Ole nostalgia trip. And they were right to. Someone had to be the bad guy. United had become a joke, with every chancer in the sport scamming us for millions.

I really have no opinion of Ralf as a manager, because I don't see how you could judge anyone in his position. It's obviously not a normal situation. He was announced as the interim manager of a squad in an embarrassing meltdown. He's probably the only person who'll come out of this disgraceful farce with his reputation intact (and the fact that Austria has already hired him shows what the rest of Europe thinks of United right now).
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2373
Joined: 8 years ago

...completely agree with you bman!
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 2950
Joined: 9 years ago

bman2 wrote: 7 months ago
swampash wrote: 7 months ago I think we need a bit of a reality check here.
When the hobbit got sacked, we were seventh.
We are now sixth.
Ralf has spelled out, in no uncertain terms, what is wrong with the club and the current squad and what needs to be done.
He has shown what a shambles the scouting has been and presumably had a hand in its reshaping.
He has shown that the current squad are incapable or uninterested in playing modern football.
He’s been totally candid in interviews about the mess we are in and how to fix it.
What’s not to like?
This has been an absolute train wreck of a club for years. Carping on about the results in this context utterly misses the point.
Ralf has given the board and the owners a blueprint for the future. He can’t force them to action it but if they don’t, after the candid way Ralf has spelled out the issues, then it will be clear for all to see where the blame really lies. For that I, for one, am extremely grateful.
The people criticising Ralf are the people having a hard time accepting that the Ole years were an embarrassing exercise in nostalgia and mediocrity. Everything fell apart at the beginning of this season because when you bring in the likes of Ronaldo and Varane, the people around them aren't going to accept United acting like a wealthy version of West Ham, happy to be the underdog vying for a top four spot. When it all eventually comes out, I'm sure we'll find that Mendes and Ronaldo were a big part of putting an end to the Ole nostalgia trip. And they were right to. Someone had to be the bad guy. United had become a joke, with every chancer in the sport scamming us for millions.

I really have no opinion of Ralf as a manager, because I don't see how you could judge anyone in his position. It's obviously not a normal situation. He was announced as the interim manager of a squad in an embarrassing meltdown. He's probably the only person who'll come out of this disgraceful farce with his reputation intact (and the fact that Austria has already hired him shows what the rest of Europe thinks of United right now).
Ralf can only be judged as a manager. We don't know enough about his consultancy to judge him.
People criticising Ralf are people who don't rate his performances as a manager. It's that simple. Stating that critics have a different agenda to devalue their point is just a lame argument. It's a fact that Ralf hasn't done well in his 6 months here. It's hard for him, that's true, but it's also true that he's done very poorly. That's the only criticism he's got. That's hardly any criticism.
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 2776
Joined: 9 years ago

How long will it take next season before we hear

'Some players are said to be unhappy with the training sessions and questioning whether Ten Hag has what it takes to make the move from Dutch to English football'.



Cunts.
sheesh
Legend
Posts: 1239
Joined: 7 years ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 6 months ago How long will it take next season before we hear

'Some players are said to be unhappy with the training sessions and questioning whether Ten Hag has what it takes to make the move from Dutch to English football'.



Cunts.
Yeah...

Apparently, there was a report yesterday about players fighting in training lol
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 7823
Joined: 9 years ago

I can understand players not believing in the training if the football they're being asked to play is outdated and shit. Like under Moyes or Jose. The latter they were right to question cos his dogshit long ball shite is only good for the Europa conference.

But Rangnick is at the forefront of modern football. His football works. They should be on board. So then you think they're just being arrogant entitled cunts who're well, well above themselves.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 7823
Joined: 9 years ago

Huh? Have they fucked this up as well?

Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 7823
Joined: 9 years ago

Tbf I did say how the fuck can he continue as a consultant when the players mock him, disrespect him and don't listen to him.
Post Reply