Ralf’s Revolution…it’s starting.

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago I think the reality of Manchester United today was summed up neatly when a journalist asked Rangnick what Fletcher did and he admitted that he had no idea. That was early on too, so he was still being fairly diplomatic. There’s all these people with overlapping titles like director of football, technical director, head scout, chief scout, blah blah blah. But it’s obvious they’re all doing nothing. The recruitment is shit. Squad management is incompetent. Management of back room staff is also totally incompetent, as shown when Carrick and McKenna just quit simultaneously and left Rangnick in the lurch. What good are Murtaugh, Carrick, and all these other people if they can’t even minimally staff the coaching team in the middle of a season? Can anyone remember any time previously when a professional football club found itself with no senior coaches in the middle of a season? And with no idea how to get any? Phelan is still at the club. Anyone have a clue what he does?

It’s obvious that Rangnick was making moves and trying to bring Paul Mitchell on board, a guy with as good a CV as you could ask for in terms of DoF stuff and player recruitment, who also happens to be from the area and totally gets the club. That’s obviously not going to happen. But why would we want one of the best DoFs around when we’ve got total nobodies like Murtaugh, Fletcher, and Phelan?

Bring in a new manager, blame the old one, and sign a couple of hyped players by throwing too much money at them to turn down. Players who’ll be throwing a strop to get out of the club in two years’ time. Some old shit with Glazer FC.
The Fletcher thing is mad. I missed that originally. Doesn't surprise me though.

I heard a new one the other day. The Athletic reported that one of Rangnick's coaches (the bald cunt with the earphones) had the job of relaying info from Rangnick's former coach, Lars Kornetka, who watched the game on telly in Russia.

Basically Rangnick wanted him as a coach at United but United weren't prepared to pay him. So they asked if he'd do it for free, and he said yes. So he watched games on TV in Russia whilst on the phone with the bald cunt (hence the earphones) who then passed on information to Rangnick on the touchline

Have you ever known of anything as fucking ridiculous :)) they should just liquidate the club at this point
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago Game over.
The dross won't be turfed out, we won't be signing the players we need and the club architecture will remain the same. It was all just another PR stunt from the owners.
We're fucked...and I no longer give a shit.
For a while we could still at least cling to the fact that United had superior financial firepower. But City obviously does now, and presumably also Newcastle. But then there’s also the likes of Liverpool and Spurs. It seems to already becoming clear that Liverpool have passed us financially, and maybe also Spurs too. Spurs’ owners have pledged £150M for this summer’s transfer spend. Their stadium is built, the pandemic is over (at least in terms of filling stadia), and they’re in the CL with one of the game’s most successful managers. If Chelsea actually gets bought by someone who supports the club financially, that’s at least five clubs just in the PL pulling past us, building on success the way United did pre-Glazers. The Glazers basically didn’t bother reducing United’s debt at all over the last ten years because interest rates were so low. That typical short-sightedness is going to hurt us if rising interest rates means the debt burden really starts to cut into the club’s operating budgets again, like it did in the era of replacing Ronaldo with Obertan and Bebe.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago I think the reality of Manchester United today was summed up neatly when a journalist asked Rangnick what Fletcher did and he admitted that he had no idea. That was early on too, so he was still being fairly diplomatic. There’s all these people with overlapping titles like director of football, technical director, head scout, chief scout, blah blah blah. But it’s obvious they’re all doing nothing. The recruitment is shit. Squad management is incompetent. Management of back room staff is also totally incompetent, as shown when Carrick and McKenna just quit simultaneously and left Rangnick in the lurch. What good are Murtaugh, Carrick, and all these other people if they can’t even minimally staff the coaching team in the middle of a season? Can anyone remember any time previously when a professional football club found itself with no senior coaches in the middle of a season? And with no idea how to get any? Phelan is still at the club. Anyone have a clue what he does?

It’s obvious that Rangnick was making moves and trying to bring Paul Mitchell on board, a guy with as good a CV as you could ask for in terms of DoF stuff and player recruitment, who also happens to be from the area and totally gets the club. That’s obviously not going to happen. But why would we want one of the best DoFs around when we’ve got total nobodies like Murtaugh, Fletcher, and Phelan?

Bring in a new manager, blame the old one, and sign a couple of hyped players by throwing too much money at them to turn down. Players who’ll be throwing a strop to get out of the club in two years’ time. Some old shit with Glazer FC.
The Fletcher thing is mad. I missed that originally. Doesn't surprise me though.

I heard a new one the other day. The Athletic reported that one of Rangnick's coaches (the bald cunt with the earphones) had the job of relaying info from Rangnick's former coach, Lars Kornetka, who watched the game on telly in Russia.

Basically Rangnick wanted him as a coach at United but United weren't prepared to pay him. So they asked if he'd do it for free, and he said yes. So he watched games on TV in Russia whilst on the phone with the bald cunt (hence the earphones) who then passed on information to Rangnick on the touchline

Have you ever known of anything as fucking ridiculous :)) they should just liquidate the club at this point
I hadn’t heard that before, fucking hell that’s pathetic. The problem the club had is that they seem to have assumed Carrick and McKenna would stay on. So then they had to try to hire replacements, even though it’s mid-season so most people are already in a job, and it was obvious that Rangnick and the coaches he brought on would be let go in the coming May. Who is going to quit their job and move to a different country for the sake of a five month gig? This guy in Russia probably asked for at least a season’s worth of salary guaranteed, maybe relocation fees, and you can just see the cheapskate Glazers saying no to that.

I’m sure the players are at least partly right complaining about the coaching under Rangnick. But the point of signing Rangnick is that we were all looking forward to more intensive coaching, expanding the coaching staff. Instead the coaching staff fucking shrank, and become totally reliant on coaches new to the club, new to the league, coming from smaller leagues because even a six month gig at United was a good career move for them.
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago

We did take a quid off Ibrahimovic's wages for taking a juice from a hotel mini bar, so I can believe this.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
swampash wrote: 1 year ago Game over.
The dross won't be turfed out, we won't be signing the players we need and the club architecture will remain the same. It was all just another PR stunt from the owners.
We're fucked...and I no longer give a shit.
For a while we could still at least cling to the fact that United had superior financial firepower. But City obviously does now, and presumably also Newcastle. But then there’s also the likes of Liverpool and Spurs. It seems to already becoming clear that Liverpool have passed us financially, and maybe also Spurs too. Spurs’ owners have pledged £150M for this summer’s transfer spend. Their stadium is built, the pandemic is over (at least in terms of filling stadia), and they’re in the CL with one of the game’s most successful managers. If Chelsea actually gets bought by someone who supports the club financially, that’s at least five clubs just in the PL pulling past us, building on success the way United did pre-Glazers. The Glazers basically didn’t bother reducing United’s debt at all over the last ten years because interest rates were so low. That typical short-sightedness is going to hurt us if rising interest rates means the debt burden really starts to cut into the club’s operating budgets again, like it did in the era of replacing Ronaldo with Obertan and Bebe.
Definitely. They should have paid off the debt when we were still one of the biggest clubs in the world when interest rates were low - before City, PSG, and now the Saudis.

Our revenue is also being hit by reduced sponsorships. We're no longer the most attractive proposition in football. So our budget is being hit while other clubs are raising the bar. Tbf the bar was raised again recently when Mbappe got a 100m signing on fee for simply renewing his contract. If that's the new top end, then we can't afford it, so we may struggle to keep top players.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

On the plus side, maybe it'll force the Glazers hands into selling
fat maradona
Legend

If Chelsea can be bought for £4.25bn, then the Glazers would want over £6bn citing our history and commercial standing. And ain’t no one paying that kind of money for a club that needs a major overhaul in all areas, incl the stadium and training facilities.
fat maradona
Legend

Fabrizio is usually spot in tbf
bman2
Legend

It’s a good column. The club is allergic to hiring people with impressive CVs, because they won’t just meekly accept how badly the place is run.