V Liverpool

Forum for match day threads
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Brilliant from Ralf again. He's even turned his attention to the medical staff at the club and said they're not good enough. The facilities probably aren't either.

Every aspect of the club is way behind the elite now, and Rangnick is making us aware of that

I bet Glazers regret giving him the job because the honesty with which he speaks, and the candidness, is just turning more attention towards them and what they're doing to our club. He didn't even criticise the protest at Carrington the other day, he basically said go for it so long as it's peaceful.

Having said that the Glazers probably don't even know what Rangnick is saying from week to week. Like Nev said, they run the club over Zoom from Florida. They won't be looking at British media.
bman2
Legend

Moyes, Gaal, and Mourinho talked about how badly run the club is, but only in vague terms and mostly well after they had moved on. It's great that Ralf is just laying it all out there very specifically while he's still the manager, in his press conferences. Makes it that much more difficult for the executives and Glazers to keep getting away with being so incompetent.

It's a bit of a shame that Ralf couldn't get us top four, but actually not that much of a shame since we're just not a CL quality team anymore anyway, so what's the point getting into the Champo just to embarrass ourselves. But it's the best possible outcome for supporters (in these circumstances)for the interim manager to be a straight-talking person who's willing to just lay it out there every week to the press. And he's not being a bitter whiny twat like Mourinho, he's saying sensible things.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Every aspect of the club is way behind the elite now, and Rangnick is making us aware of that
It's great. He even made the specific point of saying that it's not all about Klopp and Pep, because they couldn't win titles without a well run club behind them. I'm worried that the Glazers and the people running the club are still thinking very simplistically in terms of just signing a manager and all their troubles going away.

The problem is that Gil and Ferguson made it so that the Glazers didn't have to take any interest in the club -- Gil and Ferguson just handled it and kept the results and the money rolling in. So they keep thinking that if they just hire the right manager they can go back to fucking about. But it's never going to work like that.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Whether we retain and empower Ralf or cut him loose in the summer will say an awful lot about how serious we are in terms of this 'rebuild'. I don't for one second think anyone with power gives a shit about making us a football club again, but I cling to the hope that even the money men can see how far behind we now are, and the impact that is having on revenue. Beyond then, direct fan action is needed. You all likely know what I mean, but there are limits as to what can be said on forums.

In terms of training, I've no doubt that our facilities and methods are part of the problem. But an awful lot is down to the mentality of the players. Not training and living correctly. If they put the same intensity amd attitude into training as they do games, its no wonder so many are picking up injuries.

Proper clear out. No fucking messing. 6 or 7 out and in, THIS summer.
fat maradona
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Beyond then, direct fan action is needed. You all likely know what I mean, but there are limits as to what can be said on forums.
When the owners live across the Atlantic, it won't make much of a difference. My impression of the owners is that the only type of action which will pique their interest is that action which will impact the bottom line on the P&L. Stop going to game, stop buying merch, stop putting money into their hands and then they'll have to do something to change it.

Don't know if I said this before but this is pretty much what happened at the Buccaneers.......they turned a successful American football club into a has been and it's already happened to United too.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Beyond then, direct fan action is needed. You all likely know what I mean, but there are limits as to what can be said on forums.
When the owners live across the Atlantic, it won't make much of a difference. My impression of the owners is that the only type of action which will pique their interest is that action which will impact the bottom line on the P&L. Stop going to game, stop buying merch, stop putting money into their hands and then they'll have to do something to change it.

Don't know if I said this before but this is pretty much what happened at the Buccaneers.......they turned a successful American football club into a has been and it's already happened to United too.
Whatever it takes. The approach taken so far hasn't worked. There are ways and means, even over the distance of the Atlantic.
swampash
Legend

I’m really concerned that Ralf is signaling he’s prepared to walk away from the consultancy. Suggest he already knows the owners won’t back the open heart surgery that’s needed.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago I’m really concerned that Ralf is signaling he’s prepared to walk away from the consultancy. Suggest he already knows the owners won’t back the open heart surgery that’s needed.
I thought that too. You can't blame him if he walks. There's no point in hanging around and damaging his reputation.

But part of me also thinks the consultancy role was bullshit anyway - another thing to placate fans. From what Ralf said, the club haven't talked about his consultancy role since he got the manager job. He seems none the wiser. Alright he's manager right now, but a future consultant should have been consulted on the new manager. But he said he wasn't.

All it seems like he's done is give them the diagnosis of the club and how to fix it. And now it's up to the Glazers what they do with that info.
bman2
Legend

I like that he’s been frank about it. He doesn’t want to hang about if it’s just going to be more bullshit club PR with no substance. It also depends on what ETH wants. Ralf’s offering himself as an ally for him if he wants it.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
swampash wrote: 1 year ago I’m really concerned that Ralf is signaling he’s prepared to walk away from the consultancy. Suggest he already knows the owners won’t back the open heart surgery that’s needed.
I thought that too. You can't blame him if he walks. There's no point in hanging around and damaging his reputation.

But part of me also thinks the consultancy role was bullshit anyway - another thing to placate fans. From what Ralf said, the club haven't talked about his consultancy role since he got the manager job. He seems none the wiser. Alright he's manager right now, but a future consultant should have been consulted on the new manager. But he said he wasn't.

All it seems like he's done is give them the diagnosis of the club and how to fix it. And now it's up to the Glazers what they do with that info.
The madness is - and I still can't get my head around this - fixing it would save the club money!! The amount we've spanked on shite players. Get a proper recruitment system in place, get a proper sports science and data analytics team in place amd we'd avoid so much wasted cash, we'd grow the value of our players and we'd avoid losing players to injury. It makes zero fucking sense to me.