Erik Ten Hag

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Presumably Hag doesn't think he's good enough. Or this could be a club decision.
He didn’t play for Ajax, did he?
fat maradona
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Our youth players haven't been good enough. Only the class of 92 did well. After that our best talent was Greenwood but he fucked it up.
It's all very well saying that our yoot haven't been good enough but it's hardly like the club/team have been good enough either. What's the point in investing in the yoot structure if we don't play them?

I stand by saying that this is the best crop of youngsters we have had since the class of 92. The difference between the class of 92 and the class of 22 is that back then we had a proper structure and a manager who believed in playing the youth.
bman2
Legend

Part of the problem is that someone like Gardner is probably a more valuable asset on the market than Fred or McT. He’ll obviously be on much lower wages.

So we’re basically selling our promising young players because our shit so-called starters are unsellable. TH has obviously been told they need to sell to buy more players, so he’d rather not wait to ease in someone like Gardner. Either the result improve or he gets sacked in the next few weeks/months.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

How many of our youth have been dropped into a confident, well managed first team that's in decent form, with senior pro's who are leaders and good characters, and done so gradually so as not to over expose them?

None.

People give Alan Hansen stick for his 'you don't win anything with kids' comment. Those kids took 2 and 3 years to start winning us games. They had Bruce, Pallister, Irwin, Keane, Ince, Robson, Hughes, Cantona.

Who the fuck have this lot had? Maguire and Pogba? Fuck me. And they're dropped in for far too many games, in positions where they're expected to be difference makers.

Look at Phil Foden at City. World Class youngster and they took 3 years to blood him properly.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

So, we Erik brought them in for running sessions after the Brentford game to make up the distance from what they didn't run in the game, he ran it with them to show responsibility for his own part in the result. I fucking love that. Its the sort of shit that builds proper team spirit.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago So, we Erik brought them in for running sessions after the Brentford game to make up the distance from what they didn't run in the game, he ran it with them to show responsibility for his own part in the result. I fucking love that. Its the sort of shit that builds proper team spirit.
I like how it shows they can't get away with not running, they're gonna have to do it anyway in the game or out of the game

It's good as well cos a lot of these players are used to counterattack football aka not running. Under Jose they rarely moved 30 yards away from the box. It's resulted in a laziness that Ole built upon. We've always been low / bottom in the running stats.

But yeah running for running's sake is pointless without tactics, ideas, creativity. Thankfully Hag has them both. The demands on modern players are mad but this is the industry they're in. The game has changed. You have to run a lot and be good at football now, not one or the other.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

He’s just getting warmed up. How much longer do Pep and Plopp have? 3/4 years? Erik will be finishing his rebuild just before and we will be challenging. No doubts.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I didn't really realise it, but Klopp has a fair rebuild job on. Now, Liverpool are a fantastic side, no doubt. But they have a number of players in an age bracket that needs addressing:

Van Dijk - 31
Henderson - 32
Thiago - 31
Salah - 30
Matip - 31

They're all first choice picks. And for a high energy side, they could all fall off a cliff at the same time. Part of Fergie's genius was that he balanced the age of the side well. Klopp could have a bit of a problem.

Pep, as long as he's hungry, can just keep throwing money at it. But I don't think he'll retain that hunger. 2/3 years more, and if he wins a CL, I think he'll finish.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I didn't really realise it, but Klopp has a fair rebuild job on. Now, Liverpool are a fantastic side, no doubt. But they have a number of players in an age bracket that needs addressing:

Van Dijk - 31
Henderson - 32
Thiago - 31
Salah - 30
Matip - 31

They're all first choice picks. And for a high energy side, they could all fall off a cliff at the same time. Part of Fergie's genius was that he balanced the age of the side well. Klopp could have a bit of a problem.

Pep, as long as he's hungry, can just keep throwing money at it. But I don't think he'll retain that hunger. 2/3 years more, and if he wins a CL, I think he'll finish.
Milner's 36 n all. All important players.

I agree, I can see Klopp leaving. I think he'll have a break and then take on a new challenge. He's had a super intense period at Liverpool. Beating state-doped City to the title in the toughest league plus winning a CL means there's not a lot left for him to do. Few managers have the same drive Fergie had at the same club.
dozer
Legend

Liverpool have people who are 31 and we're buying players who are 30+.

Liverpool will be fine for 3 years at least.