Erik Ten Hag

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

100% the right man. The first time since Fergie that I've felt we really have the right person in charge. A perfect fit. If we back him properly, he'll take us back to the top. But that means at least 3 strong signings next summer, and the one after.

You can see a proper plan, again for the first time since Fergie.

Get the fucking Glazers out and let him loose on the transfer market.
bman2
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago I think we all agree he's fucking mint?

He's won 18 of his first 25 games which is better than Jose, Fergie, Busby etc. This is no mean feat when you consider he took over an absolute shitshow the like of which none of his predecessors had to face. No one had Ron kicking off, 17 years of Glazer ruination etc

We've won the last 7 which I think means we're the only top team to not drop points over Xmas. He's done it with Shaw at CB too.
Yeah, I really like what we’re seeing from him, on and off the pitch. I really like that he’s a modern tactical manager, but also flexible, not dogmatic. He adjusted after the first couple of games went so badly. And he seems to get performances out of players who haven’t always looked consistent.

Off the pitch, he seems sensible, forceful, doesn’t take shit, and doesn’t talk shit either. He seems like just the balance we need of a manager who is willing to criticize transfers etc, without waging a war like Mourinho.

I’m cautiously optimistic that he might be the person to take us back to the top.

But it’s infuriating that it took so long for the club to try giving the job to a proven CL- quality manager who was still relatively young and on an upwind trend in his career.
Felwin
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago I think we all agree he's fucking mint?

He's won 18 of his first 25 games which is better than Jose, Fergie, Busby etc. This is no mean feat when you consider he took over an absolute shitshow the like of which none of his predecessors had to face. No one had Ron kicking off, 17 years of Glazer ruination etc

We've won the last 7 which I think means we're the only top team to not drop points over Xmas. He's done it with Shaw at CB too.
Yeah, I really like what we’re seeing from him, on and off the pitch. I really like that he’s a modern tactical manager, but also flexible, not dogmatic. He adjusted after the first couple of games went so badly. And he seems to get performances out of players who haven’t always looked consistent.

Off the pitch, he seems sensible, forceful, doesn’t take shit, and doesn’t talk shit either. He seems like just the balance we need of a manager who is willing to criticize transfers etc, without waging a war like Mourinho.

I’m cautiously optimistic that he might be the person to take us back to the top.

But it’s infuriating that it took so long for the club to try giving the job to a proven CL- quality manager who was still relatively young and on an upwind trend in his career.
Spot on about Jose. Hag's criticism comes from a place of wanting the team to be better, it's constructive and professional. Jose would just whinge because HE wasn't getting what HE wanted to make HIM look better. Proper child.

Still not all in on Hag being the one. Been burnt too often recently. He's definitely the right manager now but it might take someone truly elite (as well as quite a few singings) to make us a dominant force. I'm still shitting it for the derby next weekend. Big run from now up until Anfield on the 4th March. If we get points and a signature win or two out of City, Arsenal and the scousers, knock out Barca, get to the League Cup final and the FA Cup quarters, I'll be daring to dream.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Apparently we've introduced a 200k pw salary cap for all new contracts to avoid big wage disparities and I'll feeling.

Every decision he makes just seems to be right. And fair play to Arnold too, as he seems to be empowering the manager to make decisions that are aimed at driving a culture of footballing success rather than the interests of the plc.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Apparently we've introduced a 200k pw salary cap for all new contracts to avoid big wage disparities and I'll feeling.

Every decision he makes just seems to be right. And fair play to Arnold too, as he seems to be empowering the manager to make decisions that are aimed at driving a culture of footballing success rather than the interests of the plc.
Hmm, I'm not sure, I think this is spin to hide the fact we are broke.

I'm all for a salary cap and increasing competition but if it impacts on the quality of player we sign - fuck that.

I know I keep saying it but United fans live in a dream world where money has never been an issue. But it is now. the published finances show we have 24m in bank (down from 300m), no room on the credit card, 1bn in debt and no shirt sponsor for next season.

We need new owners asap. The finances are really bad.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Casemiro won't be happy taking home an average Prem players wage. Neither will Varane, Bruno, Martinez who could earn twice as much at Madrid, Rashford who could take home a million a week at PSG.

I'm all for not paying shite like Sancho 300k a week but this blanket approach could fuck us after a season or two. Most top players won't re-sign.

This is Glazernomics for me.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Oh there's no doubt our finances are fucked, and we need new investment badly. And its possible that there's a link, but I genuinely think this is something that Hag is pushing in order to normalise things and change the culture.

What it will mean is that we may struggle to attract top talent blindly, but that could be a good thing. We need to get back to players wanting to come here for footballing reasons.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

United haven't conceded a goal in the Prem at Old Trafford since sept 4. This is the single most impressive stat for me when you consider how utterly fucking weak and incompetent we've been in defence for ages thanks largely for Slabhead and Hoof and 5 years of counterattack football.

It's not just the fact we have better defenders in Martinez and Varane, it's the fact for the first time since Gaal we're trying to control games with a high press and possession. Casemiro, Eriksen and Fernandes is formidable. They can win the ball, keep the ball and then progress us up the pitch.

Who knew signing better defenders and top midfielders would prove so valuable.
dozer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago United haven't conceded a goal in the Prem at Old Trafford since sept 4. This is the single most impressive stat for me when you consider how utterly fucking weak and incompetent we've been in defence for ages thanks largely for Slabhead and Hoof and 5 years of counterattack football.

It's not just the fact we have better defenders in Martinez and Varane, it's the fact for the first time since Gaal we're trying to control games with a high press and possession. Casemiro, Eriksen and Fernandes is formidable. They can win the ball, keep the ball and then progress us up the pitch.

We've signed plenty of defenders and midfielders in the past. They all turned out to be crap.
The real test starts soon. We've got a tough couple of games.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago United haven't conceded a goal in the Prem at Old Trafford since sept 4. This is the single most impressive stat for me when you consider how utterly fucking weak and incompetent we've been in defence for ages thanks largely for Slabhead and Hoof and 5 years of counterattack football.

We've signed plenty of defenders and midfielders in the past. They all turned out to be crap.
The real test starts soon. We've got a tough couple of games.
It's not a real test. They've already played the top 8 in the first 10/12 games and got a result against all of em except City - beating Liverpool, Arsenal etc