Erik Ten Hag

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

The look on Ten Hag’s face during the Brighton game was the same ‘I can’t believe what I’m seeing here’ look we used to see on Rangnick’s face.
FuB
Site Admin

swampash wrote: 1 year ago The look on Ten Hag’s face during the Brighton game was the same ‘I can’t believe what I’m seeing here’ look we used to see on Rangnick’s face.
I wonder how long it takes to get the the second phase of 'no fucking surprises here' like we all have
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

If we don't finish the window strongly, I honestly think he might walk.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago If we don't finish the window strongly, I honestly think he might walk.
Yeah there's definitely a chance. He wasn't wowed by United's interest in him originally. Negotiations went on for months because he had demands that presumably aren't being met. United ruin careers. He'll surely know that.
bman2
Legend

Hag’s finished at United. It’s obviously not all his fault, but there’s no coming back from this. The dynamics are just going to get worse and worse. It’s not a situation for a guy still learning his trade and trying to step up to a big league for the first time.

The club wasted last season by not replacing Ole once is was obvious his position was untenable. They passed up the opportunity to sign Conte. The exact same situation is occurring here again, with Poch. But this time, we could still get him in with a couple of weeks left to sign a couple of useful players.

Has to be Poch. Not only is he prem proven, his particular talent is taking on clubs that are a project and getting them in order or taking them to the next level. Spurs was a similar banter club to the way United is now, he cleared out the rot and made them top 4 regulars. Exactly what we need. Proved he can bring in youth players and work with a limited budget too.

But we’ll fuck about and watch another club sign him.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

It was always going to be painful under Hag Bman, for the reasons you mentioned. He was never a quick fix as he has to adapt to the Prem, to top managers, to top opposition. One thing I would say is his Ajax team took on the best in europe and either beat em or gave em a good game.

But yeah Poch with his Prem experience would have been a better shout in that regard. But alas, we wouldn't be successful under him either. The recruitment team including Murtough whose supposed to have his own vision for United ffs would just ask Poch which one of his ex players he'd want to sign.

There's no vision, no plan, no infrastructure to support any manager no matter how good they are.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Don't be distracted fellas. No manager change.

Glazers Out.
fat maradona
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Don't be distracted fellas. No manager change.

Glazers Out.
Spot on man, it's nowt to do with the manager, it's all to do with the past 10 years of serious mismanagement of the club......things like identity, philosophy, transfer strategy et al have been missing and the Glazers are completely oblivious to it all. They are the ones that need to be replaced.

ETH may well have no experience of the prem nor has he managed a giant club like United but nor had Mourinho or Klopp. You can't bin ETH off just because he's been given a Skoda Fabia to tune and compete with in the F1.
OliverB
Reserves

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Hag’s finished at United.
Chill out

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Has to be Poch. Spurs was a similar banter club to the way United is now, he cleared out the rot.
The problem is, Daniel Levy is very tight and manages the pennies well, they don't throw big wages at players, each player earns his money, Manchester United just throw big wages at players, then what you we is players who aren't fussed about playing football,

Because of this, we can't get rid of the dead wood in our squad until their contracts expire, other clubs can't afford to match their big wages and likely wouldn't even if they had the money, these players aren't going to take pay cuts in order to go and play football, they won't even go on loan to play football.

Look at Phil Jones last season, had a loan offer from a French club - didn't go, a player from pretty much any other club who had spent so much time injured would have embraced that opportunity to go play some football without the media spotlight that we have here, but nope, not Phil... he was only young when we signed him - if we hadn't of given him stupid wages... Phil may have had a different attitude, this club is ruining players by rewarding them far too early.

I don't think Poch would be able to get rid of the dead wood in our squad.

One other point, I don't really like the Glazers but they have spent some big money over the years, for me it's not the managers who have failed them, it's the poor choice of people they get to run the club.

I remember hearing Dyche at Burnley saying that when they sign a player they look at his attitude and personality and see if it matches that of the group - we clearly don't do that.
;)
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Don't be distracted fellas. No manager change.

Glazers Out.
Glazers obviously need to go. But Hag is clearly getting sacked soon unless there is a remarkable turnaround against Liverpool. I don’t think that even a good performance and a bad result against Liverpool would save him.

I’d just prefer that for once the useless idiots running the club are somewhat prompt to do what they are obviously going to inevitably do.