Erik Ten Hag

Manchester United chat
Felwin
Legend

Been obvious for a while that Alonso was Klopp's successor. Didn't think it would happen so fast.

Like I wrote earlier in the other thread, SJR and his team need to be trying to gazump that deal with everthing they have. Not only do we get a manager showing great potential, we deny our biggest rivals.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 5 months ago Been obvious for a while that Alonso was Klopp's successor. Didn't think it would happen so fast.

Like I wrote earlier in the other thread, SJR and his team need to be trying to gazump that deal with everthing they have. Not only do we get a manager showing great potential, we deny our biggest rivals.
Literally this. Like breaking up the Bergiristan / Berrada partnership and taking away one of Peps key men, strengthens us and weakens them. Ineos need to be a disruptor.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Jose flashing some flesh, apparently keen on a return.

Fuck no.
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 5 months ago Jose flashing some flesh, apparently keen on a return.

Fuck no.
If it happens I'll have lost all hope in the Ineos ownership
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Jason wrote: 5 months ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 5 months ago Jose flashing some flesh, apparently keen on a return.

Fuck no.
If it happens I'll have lost all hope in the Ineos ownership
He's tempting for owners because of the theory that if you hire him and give him a load of money, he'll win you a trophy. You don't need a DoF, data analysts, any real infrastructure - he does it all, old school style. It's a quick but expensive fix.

Except it's not a fix anymore. The trophies he wins now are europa conferences and league cups - and he still costs a bomb. His last major trophy was nearly 10 years ago and that was at a doped club which openly cheated. His last CL was nearly 15 years ago.

His football is most ineffective in the league as was evidenced at Roma. It doesn't work week in, week out cos it's so risk averse. Hopefully that's enough to put owners off.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

If we're going down the bus-parking risk averse football, we might as well get Ole back. His counterattack football was better. There were a lot more attacks for a start, and they were played on the ground rather than punted into the air to a big man.
swampash
Legend

Would be a real retrograde step...I'd rather see dozer in charge...
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Tbf, It all sounds like its coming from Jose's side. I'd be amazed if INEOS went down that route.
swampash
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 5 months ago Tbf, It all sounds like its coming from Jose's side. I'd be amazed if INEOS went down that route.
Me too. They'll want to signal a clear new start.
dozer
Legend

If they sack key staff like hag after one bad season then they're no different from the other owners. Repeat the moronic thing every season, because this time "we'll get the right manager" .