Vs Everton

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

sheesh wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago There's no professional pride, it's disgraceful. Imagine what Ten Hag or any other potential manager will be thinking looking at that.
Arsenal are in the middle of bottling top 4 but we're unable to take advantage. The players are an embarrassment.
Our players gave up months ago. Some of them never started playing seriously again after they gave up on Ole, and only a few made a half-hearted effort under Ralf. I don’t know what the problem is, but there’s just a hopeless rotten atmosphere around the squad.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Really, in any other job, there'd be a clear out. But players are too expensive to replace so many of them will still be here next season. I also heard somewhere that United hold on to big players because they're assets that can be borrowed against.
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago There's no professional pride, it's disgraceful. Imagine what Ten Hag or any other potential manager will be thinking looking at that.
Arsenal are in the middle of bottling top 4 but we're unable to take advantage. The players are an embarrassment.
Our players gave up months ago. Some of them never started playing seriously again after they gave up on Ole, and only a few made a half-hearted effort under Ralf. I don’t know what the problem is, but there’s just a hopeless rotten atmosphere around the squad.
The problem is there is no consequence for being shit, at a personal level or a team level.

Perform that shite for years, where the team hasn't challenged for anything, here's a new bumper contract, more than you'll get at any other club in the world for your reward.

Keep playing shit week in week out, keep getting picked week in week out regardless of performance.

That doesn't breed any kind of competitive environment.

Contracts should be based on performance. 100k basic, win and compete for something(not top 4) pick up your 400k.

Play as they currently are, give them nothing over basic.
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Really, in any other job, there'd be a clear out. But players are too expensive to replace so many of them will still be here next season. I also heard somewhere that United hold on to big players because they're assets that can be borrowed against.
Funny, you should say that. I came across this tweet on another forum:

On a separate note, it blows my mind that we have spent £180m on Maguire, Fred and Wan Bissaka.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Really, in any other job, there'd be a clear out. But players are too expensive to replace so many of them will still be here next season. I also heard somewhere that United hold on to big players because they're assets that can be borrowed against.
Funny, you should say that. I came across this tweet on another forum:

On a separate note, it blows my mind that we have spent £180m on Maguire, Fred and Wan Bissaka.
That tweet is mad. What can a manager do in that situation where the club prioritise players for commercial and financial reasons over football. Every manager is doomed to fail.
swampash
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
Spot on observation bman. Terrible indictment of the club to allow this to happen.
swampash
Legend

I can’t see why any top manager would contemplate taking the job now.
swampash
Legend

...and thanks again Hercules!
How much did that twat cost?
fat maradona
Legend

There is no fear at the club anymore. You know that you will still get picked and paid even if you play like utter shite. There is no fear that if you get dropped for a game, you're going to have to work double hard to get back in because nearly everyone in this squad is mediocre and lazy. And I reckon it all started getting worse when Maguire didn't get dropped for being the worst defender we've had at the club in memory. The message to the dressing room was 'don't you worry about anything lads, you're all untouchable'.

Ten Hag has demanded full control over everything to do with the team because he knows full well that 75% of that squad is not worth keeping.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

A United player is being investigated for assault - looks like it's Ronnie after this incident

Honestly this has to be one of the worst seasons on record for decades, when you consider the Mason Greenwood shit n all, as well as the so-called Rangnick revolution utterly failing. A truly disasterous season.