Page 2 of 3

Re: Ukraine

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:30 am
by Fuck the Glazers
It's fucking funny how Chelsea players & staff are shitting it in case Abramovic gets the boot. Chelsea fans are too, they've been quite emotional on twitter, some going as far as defending Putin. When the mask of respectability is removed, you see the ugly face behind their success, that of war and bloodshed. None of em want to acknowledge it, which is understandable. But they're having to come to terms with the possiblity of going back to being an average sized London club, which exposes the last 20 years of 'our success is legit honest gov' as bullshit. And that will always be funny.

It'll be the same with the oil state clubs in the future. Mansour, the cunts at Qatar and obviously the monster bin Salman - all that will fall apart too once capitalism and states become less reliant on oil - which is already happening as industries go green. And their dickhead fans, after decades of minimising the importance of their dopers, and even defending their atrocities, will be confronted with the reality of what their success is built on and how temporary it all was.

Re: Ukraine

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:38 am
by Fuck the Glazers
One of the ways Abramovic is linked to Russia and Putin

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... ning-group

He's clearly benefiting from funding and being friends with the Tories otherwise he would have been on their Russian sanctions list. One wonders how long he can evade it, now the pressure is mounting.

Re: Ukraine

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:14 pm
by bman2
Well whoever buys Chelsea might have deep pockets or else be a relatively savvy business group, like Liverpool’s owners. But I don’t feel like Abramovich should get his £2 billion or however much it is. Seize the club from him now ffs!

Re: Ukraine

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:29 pm
by swampash
Sid wrote: 11 months ago One of the ways Abramovic is linked to Russia and Putin

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... ning-group

He's clearly benefiting from funding and being friends with the Tories otherwise he would have been on their Russian sanctions list. One wonders how long he can evade it, now the pressure is mounting.
...I might be reading too much into it, but is there a hint in that article that there might be some opposition growing to the 'Russian policy' that is causing the company difficulties?

Re: Ukraine

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:10 pm
by Fuck the Glazers
bman2 wrote: 11 months ago Well whoever buys Chelsea might have deep pockets or else be a relatively savvy business group, like Liverpool’s owners. But I don’t feel like Abramovich should get his £2 billion or however much it is. Seize the club from him now ffs!
An interesting thing I'd forgotten about Abramovic's ownership of Chelsea; the 1.5/2bn he has spent on them so far has been done via loans to the club. He hasn't written it off. What happens if sanctions are imposed? If his assets / wealth are frozen? Does he have the cash to write it off? Will he want to? Chelsea's future is up in the air

Re: Ukraine

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:32 pm
by OliverB
What really makes me laugh is the response of the UK, US, Nato etc etc, what a joke they are.

Vlad Putin is not stupid, just look at the guy... he sends people over to Salisbury to poison someone, he didn't care if people knew he did it or not, he's had numerous other people 'dealt with' and apart from a few critical articles nothing really happens to him.

So, do we really think Vlad would invade the Ukraine without considering what Nato and other countries would do to retaliate? of course he did, if we froze his bank account - the chances are he emptied/moved the dollars on a while ago.

Sanctions are not going to stop him, it's a disgrace that for weeks all these countries have been "oo Ukraine we got ya back" and now Putin has invaded - they are on their own, it reminds me of the Afghanistan evacuations, countries were like "we'll get ya'll home" "we'll get everyone that has helped out country out too" then x amount were left there.

Vlad won't be stopped, in simple terms, if anyone tries to attack Russia - Vlad will get the nuclear weapons out, so he has a free range, he can literally and most likely will invade more countries in the future, he must be sitting in his office laughing away at the responses of the west.

I'm a bit sceptical of the Ukraine president too, Volvo Zelenskyy, those quick videos he does like doing selfies with the lads etc, seems more like a show man and probably all talk, he's been critical of the west's so called help and I'm absolutely certain that he will back down and give in to Putin's demands after a few more days of war. I just think that he seems happy to be telling Ukrainians to arm themselves and fight - but when that threat arrives on his door step he won't fight.

Re: Ukraine

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:32 am
by bman2
OliverB wrote: 11 months ago What really makes me laugh is the response of the UK, US, Nato etc etc, what a joke they are.

Vlad Putin is not stupid, just look at the guy... he sends people over to Salisbury to poison someone, he didn't care if people knew he did it or not, he's had numerous other people 'dealt with' and apart from a few critical articles nothing really happens to him.

So, do we really think Vlad would invade the Ukraine without considering what Nato and other countries would do to retaliate? of course he did, if we froze his bank account - the chances are he emptied/moved the dollars on a while ago.

Sanctions are not going to stop him, it's a disgrace that for weeks all these countries have been "oo Ukraine we got ya back" and now Putin has invaded - they are on their own, it reminds me of the Afghanistan evacuations, countries were like "we'll get ya'll home" "we'll get everyone that has helped out country out too" then x amount were left there.

Vlad won't be stopped, in simple terms, if anyone tries to attack Russia - Vlad will get the nuclear weapons out, so he has a free range, he can literally and most likely will invade more countries in the future, he must be sitting in his office laughing away at the responses of the west.

I'm a bit sceptical of the Ukraine president too, Volvo Zelenskyy, those quick videos he does like doing selfies with the lads etc, seems more like a show man and probably all talk, he's been critical of the west's so called help and I'm absolutely certain that he will back down and give in to Putin's demands after a few more days of war. I just think that he seems happy to be telling Ukrainians to arm themselves and fight - but when that threat arrives on his door step he won't fight.
I think you’re misjudging Zelenskyy there. He expected to murdered the first night. And the Russians tried, by dropping special forces outside Kiev, whose mission was to proceed to the presidential administration building and kill everyone. Exactly what the Soviets did when they invaded Afghanistan in ‘79.

Of course, the oldest members of the Ukrainian armed forces served in Afghanistan too, so they were wise to it.

Re: Ukraine

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:00 pm
by Fuck the Glazers
Putin has put his nuclear deterrence forces on high alert in response to NATOs actions. According to the guardian this could mean making them combat ready. First time nukes have been mentioned. Hopefully it's just political posturing.

Re: Ukraine

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:18 am
by bman2
Sid wrote: 11 months ago Putin has put his nuclear deterrence forces on high alert in response to NATOs actions. According to the guardian this could mean making them combat ready. First time nukes have been mentioned. Hopefully it's just political posturing.
It’s not the first time nukes have been mentioned. He specifically ranted about them in his initial speech announcing the invasion. He’s a mad dog. How many more times does he have to run his mouth about nuclear weapons before the nuclear NATO countries have to seriously start contemplating an annihilating preemptive strike? Some Russian patriot in the Kremlin needs to do right by his country and put him down.

Re: Ukraine

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:25 am
by bman2
How raw is this? Warning, it’s brutal AF: