Ukraine

Political Debate
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2371
Joined: 8 years ago

Thoughts and best wishes with the people of Ukraine.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4110
Joined: 9 years ago

I can’t think of any time since WWII when a democracy was invaded by a dictatorship with the express goal of eradicating democracy. I think it’s going to get very bad. The Russian army’s best units recently served in Syria, using indiscriminate slaughter of civilian populations to prop up a tinpot dictatorship.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2371
Joined: 8 years ago

Utterly depressing.
User avatar
Jason
Star Man
Posts: 651
Joined: 9 years ago

Madness. No way this is going to end in any kind of good way. Putin is an unhinged egomaniac
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 7816
Joined: 9 years ago

Tbf I thought Putin was on the wind up, but apparently not
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4110
Joined: 9 years ago

Sid wrote: 9 months ago Tbf I thought Putin was on the wind up, but apparently not
Yeah I think he started believing his own bullshit. That’s what happens when you eliminate everyone with the guts to tell you the truth.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2371
Joined: 8 years ago

I think he may actually be seriously ill. In all the recent meetings he's been keeping a huge distance from others and insisting that international visitors take corona tests before meeting him. All suggests his immune system is suppressed, which would be the case if he was under treatment for some forms of cancer. If, additionally, he was on steroids as part of his treatment that could make him susceptible to aggressive mood swings.
Best hope is the people closest to him realise he can't go on and replace him. Bit of a long shot, but hopefully the sanctions will raise the stakes for a coup.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 7816
Joined: 9 years ago

Is it alright to post football related stuff in here?

Sorry if not, I just wanted to point out that Putin gave FIFA president Infantino a medal of friendship in 2019

Football is dirty as fuck
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 4110
Joined: 9 years ago

swampash wrote: 9 months ago I think he may actually be seriously ill. In all the recent meetings he's been keeping a huge distance from others and insisting that international visitors take corona tests before meeting him. All suggests his immune system is suppressed, which would be the case if he was under treatment for some forms of cancer. If, additionally, he was on steroids as part of his treatment that could make him susceptible to aggressive mood swings.
Best hope is the people closest to him realise he can't go on and replace him. Bit of a long shot, but hopefully the sanctions will raise the stakes for a coup.
Interesting, that makes sense.

Word is Abramovich is trying to sell Chelsea ASAP before he gets sanctioned and it becomes a frozen asset he can’t touch.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 7816
Joined: 9 years ago

bman2 wrote: 9 months ago
swampash wrote: 9 months ago I think he may actually be seriously ill. In all the recent meetings he's been keeping a huge distance from others and insisting that international visitors take corona tests before meeting him. All suggests his immune system is suppressed, which would be the case if he was under treatment for some forms of cancer. If, additionally, he was on steroids as part of his treatment that could make him susceptible to aggressive mood swings.
Best hope is the people closest to him realise he can't go on and replace him. Bit of a long shot, but hopefully the sanctions will raise the stakes for a coup.
Interesting, that makes sense.

Word is Abramovich is trying to sell Chelsea ASAP before he gets sanctioned and it becomes a frozen asset he can’t touch.
Could be something in it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... dApp_Other

But tbf when Johnson was pushed on sanctioning Abramovic in parliament, he literally walked off
Post Reply