Rangnarok: vorsprung durch coaching

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

sheesh wrote: 1 year ago There I was praising the club in the ETH thread. Rangnick has been pretty blunt about where we need to improve.

Lots to dig into here:

I hope the club will take his comments in the right spirit and actually act on them.
Yeah that’s very interesting. I’d feel a lot better if the club appointed someone like Rangnick to a senior position with real power, like DoF. He’s the only person associated with the club who has talked any sense since Ferguson and Gil left. I suspect the club won’t pay much attention to what he has to say though.

I love that he says basically says every position needs to change except the goalkeeper, but when pushed, concedes that a different manager might not favour even De Gea :)) :)) It sums up the shit state of the club doesn’t it.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 1 year ago There I was praising the club in the ETH thread. Rangnick has been pretty blunt about where we need to improve.

Lots to dig into here:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rgen-klopp

I hope the club will take his comments in the right spirit and actually act on them.
He's getting fed up, he knows it's a circus. I went and read the full interview - look at this he said - spot on

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago

Lots to dig into here:

Yeah that’s very interesting. I’d feel a lot better if the club appointed someone like Rangnick to a senior position with real power, like DoF. He’s the only person associated with the club who has talked any sense since Ferguson and Gil left. I suspect the club won’t pay much attention to what he has to say though.

I love that he says basically says every position needs to change except the goalkeeper, but when pushed, concedes that a different manager might not favour even De Gea :)) :)) It sums up the shit state of the club doesn’t it.
It's like you said before, Rangnick is the doctor, and he's just given us the diagnosis. Now watch absolutely nothing change - cos what he's after is structural change, change that affects the commercial approach, and that's out of bounds. They Glazers would rather change football itself, the actual league we're playing in via the ESL (no top 4, no relegation, a monopoly on TV rights etc) than change their commercial approach.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago

Lots to dig into here:

It's like you said before, Rangnick is the doctor, and he's just given us the diagnosis. Now watch absolutely nothing change - cos what he's after is structural change, change that affects the commercial approach, and that's out of bounds. They Glazers would rather change football itself, the actual league we're playing in via the ESL (no top 4, no relegation, a monopoly on TV rights etc) than change their commercial approach.
Yeah. They want the ESL so they don’t even have to care about the football results at all. Being a competent owner is too much work for them.
sheesh
Legend

I will be worried if Rangnick leaves the club altogether. We really have failed the most of his expertise. I feel sorry for him. He wasted his time coming to United.

I feel that Ten Hag is going to need Rangnick for the first season or so.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

The club has to accept the reality of the rebuild needed. But not every new player needs to be an 80m worldly. In fact, we shouldn’t really be in that market at all right now. We could go and find a centre half for 30m who’d shit on Maguire. Same at full back. It has to start with a clear philosophy and a culture, a dressing room that buys into it. Hard decisions. In fact, not even hard decisions, just strong ones. Pogba goes, Maguire jettisoned, anyone else who doesn’t fancy running, fuck em off.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Jim Lawlor, Chief Scout and Marcel Bout, head of global scouting, both bulleted.

Hopefully a sign that we're properly shaking up the recruitment side of things.
FuB
Site Admin

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Jim Lawlor, Chief Scout and Marcel Bout, head of global scouting, both bulleted.

How long have those two been working there, i.e. how much of our waste of space squad are they responsible for scouting?

This does sound like Rangnick's consultancy has begun in earnest. It might as well do since the season is a write-off already
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
sheesh
Legend

FuB wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Jim Lawlor, Chief Scout and Marcel Bout, head of global scouting, both bulleted.

How long have those two been working there, i.e. how much of our waste of space squad are they responsible for scouting?

This does sound like Rangnick's consultancy has begun in earnest. It might as well do since the season is a write-off already
It's about time he was listened to, although Neville has come out and said that Lawlor's departure isn't that significant.

JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Chief Scout. If he’s been marginalised, what the fuck has he been doing?

Anyroad, I see it as only a good thing.