Rangnarok: vorsprung durch coaching

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Chief Scout. If he’s been marginalised, what the fuck has he been doing?

Anyroad, I see it as only a good thing.
Exactly. How does a chief scout get marginalised? :))
sheesh
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Chief Scout. If he’s been marginalised, what the fuck has he been doing?

Exactly. How does a chief scout get marginalised? :))
Maybe his 'scouting trips' involved him going away for a few days to catch some sun.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Totally.

Also if the chief scout hasn't had much input in recent years, what about the other scouts??? Do we even use scouts or do the PR department just do a high to low search for players with the most insta followers
bman2
Legend

Until today we had three people with essentially the same job title: chief scout, head of global scouting, and head scout. It was a fucking farce. I don’t know if they sacked the right ones and kept the right one, but at least it’s a step towards a workable system.

Three head scouts and we’re still shit at finding players.
fat maradona
Legend

Remember when they reviewed 50 potential right backs before deciding that AWB was the best of the bunch? Fuck me, who were the other 49?!
urboystook1hellofabeating
Reserves

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Remember when they reviewed 50 potential right backs before deciding that AWB was the best of the bunch? Fuck me, who were the other 49?!
=)) =)) =))
Jason
Star Man

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Remember when they reviewed 50 potential right backs before deciding that AWB was the best of the bunch? Fuck me, who were the other 49?!
Heads should roll for these deals, 50mill for a 21 yo rb, who essential only had one full season as a right back in the pl, after he failed as a right winger.

Its mind boggling, ogs and his Britain first mentality, cultural reset has to take a lot of the blame.

So many good full backs, and we got awb. Honestly what would we get for awb in todays market, 15/20mill?
bman2
Legend

The same incompetent morons will be negotiating the deals, so we'll still get rinsed for every player we buy.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago The same incompetent morons will be negotiating the deals, so we'll still get rinsed for every player we buy.
Like 100m for Rice and god knows what for a knackered Kane
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Looks like Rangnick didn't get much of a pay out from United - no doubt cos he absolutely rinsed those above him in every presser :))

Fair play to him if so, he's thought fuck the money, the truth is more important