The Managerial Merry-go-around.

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago Reading between the lines, it looks like Ralf has given all the managers on the shortlist a full assessment of the squad and who needs turfing out, which probably explains where ETH is coming from.
Unfortunately he hasn't. That would be too sensible. All he's done is tell the club who needs to stay and who needs to go (which will have fallen on deaf ears). He's offered to brief the new manager but that's all. I wouldn't be surprised if the club didn't let him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... dApp_Other
swampash
Legend

Hmmm...not good if true.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Shower of cunts.

swampash
Legend

Looking more and more like a bunch of self-centred arrogant twats.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Ralf told them to shove it where the sun don’t shine. It’s crystal clear what he’s trying to do tactically but too many of this squad haven’t got either the wit or desire to implement it.
Complete train wreck of a club.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

They don't even want to play for the club anymore, United means nothing, the Glazers have well and truly ruined the club at this point
swampash
Legend

Suggestions on bbc sport that Leipzig could be after ETH.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

I’ll be at the Glazer protest on Saturday. I’ll also be watching the game so I’m a hypocrite really. However, my boy loves going and I’m not having him miss out.

The simple facts are, the Glazers do invest massively in players (just they take a fuck load out for their own pockets too). It’s fact. However, they haven’t got a clue how to build an infrastructure of a club and they didn’t need to whilst Fergie was here. Since him and Gill left, we’ve been run at a Championship level and wasted billions.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer
Legend

I'm worried that getting ETH would mean that he's probably not great.
A great manager (or prospect) would probably be rejected by the club because of his demands.

The club chose to pursue the high risk/reward strategy of signing big names and galacticos for very high wages.
If it works, like it often does for clubs like Real, then it pays off.
If it doesn't, like United, then it make it worse for the club.
We've only realised the risk whenever we've signed a galactico.

Now we can't get rid of them, because of their high wages. Clubs who were willing to pay those wages, won't be anymore because their stock dropped.
This also leads to player power because they will outlast many managers for the best part of a decade at least. Club can't get rid of them.
So these inspirational expensive signings will get to play for many years and inspire others to demand similar wages for their crappy performances.
Manager has to play them since we have too many galacticos, so the message it sends is United are a retirement club for the established.
The younger players have therefore already made it since they're at the retirement club with high wages and are playing just as well (shite) as the big signings.

The second problem is that the club also holds on non galactico mediocre crap like Smalling, Jones, Mata etc.
Any other club would have gotten rid of Maguire and Lindelof by now. We still have Jones and Bailley.
There is no incentive to perform.

Barcelona fucked up but they did the right thing in somehow getting rid of their big names and getting players on a free transfer and low wages
This automatically means, they've gotten players who really wanted to play for Barcelona. The players would probably have been promised high performance linked incentives too.
United won't have the pulling power of Barca but United can still manage to get players who want to play for us, for little money.

Problem 3 is the staff are ex-United players who are unproven in the field of coaching. Why not just hire the best coaches?
I can understand keeping some ex pros as staff but I think what United have is some kind of internal carel with deliberate biased hiring practicies.
Or the club is that naive that the top management themselves blindly give jobs to any ex player. I fully expect Jones to become a coach at our club.

Problem 4 is, United hire models first and players second. I don't see United dropping this because we won't have any money otherwise.

None of United's treatment of its staff/players from transfers to wages are performance linked.
How can player power not exist?

Can the club's new manager insist on having power on both, keeping and kicking, players and staff? If ETH gets the job, its probably because he compromised on these demands, making him another mediocre manager.
If he didn't, he probably wouldn't get the job. So it's a lose-lose outcome for us.
sheesh
Legend