Vs Watford

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

He’ll get paid out to the tune of £7M, apparently.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

They should have sacked Ole after City and got the new bloke in in time to play Watford. They're shit, so it would have been a good one for a new manager to build some momentum before Villarreal on Tuesday which is a big game. I can see us losing that now, even if they sack Ole. Confidence levels don't just return over night. That would put us in an unnecessarily precarious position going into the last game v Young Boys who we've lost to already.
Last edited by Fuck the Glazers 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago They should have sacked Oleu after City and got the new bloke in in time to play Watford. They're shit, so it would have been a good one for a new manager to build some momentum before Villarreal on Tuesday which is a big game.
Exactly. Sheer incompetence.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

There's supposedly a board meeting tonight to discuss Ole and his compo package, so it might be happening - if what the rags are reporting is true
Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 2 years ago They should have sacked Ole after City and got the new bloke in in time to play Watford. They're shit, so it would have been a good one for a new manager to build some momentum before Villarreal on Tuesday which is a big game. I can see us losing that now, even if they sack Ole. Confidence levels don't just return over night. That would put us in an unnecessarily precarious position going into the last game v Young Boys who we've lost to already.
On the flip side, if we're now finally going to sack him, and I doubt we'll have anything lined up to replace him, but if they do, that manager will start with an away trip to Chelsea. Baptism of fire.
bman2
Legend

Yeah even for this board I think this has to be the end.

But who will they get next?
sheesh
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago Just watched Oles interview. I feel so sorry for the bloke.
It's easy not to feel sorry for him because some of the mistakes he has made (eg-with players like Sancho and Donny, and not signing a defensive mid) were avoidable. Also, he will be getting a big pay out. He does deserve the sack.

At a human level, I do feel for him, though. I say this as someone who has gone in on Ole myself at times. He did take us as far as anyone could possibly have expected him to last season. Things fell apart spectacularly just as expectations changed this season.

The people who really deserve the vilification are the ones owning/running the club. Ole just wasn't good enough and he was their meat in the shit sandwich that is our football club. My fear is we will be back in this situation in a couple of years under the next manager.
Last edited by sheesh 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Yeah even for this board I think this has to be the end.

Who knows.. Rodgers is gettable, but im not fully convinced about him. I've always felt he's been winging it a bit, but I could be completely wrong.
Zidane, doesn't speak English, but has varane, Ronaldo and pobga who would all bye into him. Again not convinced he is the right man.

I'd take any one on interim, if it meant we could get ten hag and his staff in the summer, or poch in the summer. 2 coaches who will improve how we set up and play football.
bman2
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Yeah even for this board I think this has to be the end.

Who knows.. Rodgers is gettable, but im not fully convinced about him. I've always felt he's been winging it a bit, but I could be completely wrong.
Zidane, doesn't speak English, but has varane, Ronaldo and pobga who would all bye into him. Again not convinced he is the right man.

I'd take any one on interim, if it meant we could get ten hag and his staff in the summer, or poch in the summer. 2 coaches who will improve how we set up and play football.
I think Rodgers is a good manager. I think it would be difficult for him to go from a well-run club like Leicester to our shambles, while also stepping up in the limelight at the same time.