Viva Ronaldo - He’s back.

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Good chat about modern strikers. Explains a bit why Ralf left Ron out for the City game. Also why Lukaku is not good enough for a modern top club.

Can you give me the gist of what was said Sid? International media blocks means the video won’t load over here.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago Good chat about modern strikers. Explains a bit why Ralf left Ron out for the City game. Also why Lukaku is not good enough for a modern top club.

Can you give me the gist of what was said Sid? International media blocks means the video won’t load over here.
Basically Aubameyang, Lukaku and Ron are at the bottom of the work rate stats cos they're old fashioned CFs that are there to score goals

Whereas these days top clubs demand more from their CFs, they have to work harder and be involved more as well as score goals

That's why Tuchel and Rangnick have both dropped Lukaku and Ron at times this season

Makes sense tbf
bman2
Legend

I actually felt like Ron was working for the team in recent weeks. But maybe that's also why he wasn't scoring. Against Spurs he went back to lurking in dangerous positions and it paid off. I don't know if the stats support that, but that's how I see it.
swampash
Legend

I think he's been trying his best too. Problem is he's not really up to playing week in week out any more. He needs to be rotated in every second week, imho.
swampash
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago

Basically Aubameyang, Lukaku and Ron are at the bottom of the work rate stats cos they're old fashioned CFs that are there to score goals

Whereas these days top clubs demand more from their CFs, they have to work harder and be involved more as well as score goals

That's why Tuchel and Rangnick have both dropped Lukaku and Ron at times this season

Makes sense tbf
Thanks Sid
dozer
Legend

I can't see that video but I've always felt Ron works hard. He comes in deep and rarely loses the ball. Yeah, he doesn't have Rooney's work rate but he's far more hardworking than Lukaku for example.
swampash
Legend

Agreed; he’s just showing his age now and needs rotation to get the best out of him.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

All the hope and positivity over Ronaldo's signing at the start of the season, now we're 7th and he's facing a police investigation for assault :))
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The lad he assaulted is autistic, so that probably fucked him up. His mam has rejected Ronnie's apology too, so this will rumble on

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... y-23664054

"We’ve kindly declined the offer to go to United because Jake doesn’t want to go there and he doesn’t want to see Ronaldo. He’s made that pretty clear."

Clearly he's suffered enough :))
fat maradona
Legend

Why pass up the chance of making some $$ over watching United play shite footy.