Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

Both Diallo and Mejbri getting rave reviews at their loan clubs. Looks like getting regular game time in the Championship has helped them. Sure it’s a big step up to the Prem but they’re showing potential and if they come back to United next season being able to get regular game time, it’ll improve our squad quality.
Felwin
Legend

Be good to have bodies for a start. Garnacho might need a loan. That’d be a place for Diallo and we’d look more balanced. Rash/Sancho from the left, Antony/Diallo from the right.
dozer
Legend

Rashford and Shaw are having good seasons. Martial is still shit.
We can credit them for their current performances but that's all the credit we must give and not get caught up in the recency bias. We're not even halfway through the season yet.

Rashford is 25 and he's only given us one fully good season a few years ago. And that was in terms of goals, his general gameplay was always poor. This season his iq seems to have improved, which is more important than the goals imo, but it still has a long way to go.

Shaw has been here for a decade for a record transfer fee and he's only been a top player consistently, this half season. Unless he gives us 4 more good years he'll continue to be a bad signing for us.

Successful clubs would have gotten rid a long time ago. We didn't and we've paid for it for 10 years.
bman2
Legend

Much too harsh on Rashford. I feel he’s been consistently good since breaking into the team, except for a prolonged period that came after he hurt his back.

Shaw has never been consistently good for prolonged stretches. But credit to Ten Hag for signing Malacia, who is probably our number one choice there.
bman2
Legend

It also seems odd to criticize Rashford when he’s the only forward delivering for us this season.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago It also seems odd to criticize Rashford when he’s the only forward delivering for us this season.
It's not odd because I didn't criticise him for this season in my post.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Much too harsh on Rashford. I feel he’s been consistently good since breaking into the team, except for a prolonged period that came after he hurt his back.

Shaw has never been consistently good for prolonged stretches. But credit to Ten Hag for signing Malacia, who is probably our number one choice there.
Malacia isn't our first choice on current form. Shaw is and also seems to be for ten hag.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Rashford is the only forward who's really delivering. Sancho is on some sort of self discovery retreat, Antony has a LONG way to go and Martial is Martial.

Malacia is raw but has something. Shaw has been excellent. Martinez too. But the biggest difference has been made by Casemiro and Eriksen. I was very keen for us to being Eriksen in - it was a no brainer. He's been superb. And Casemiro is even better than I thought. A proper, top midfield makes a huge difference and it's criminal the way that part of the side was neglected for so long.
Felwin
Legend

I'll still never get the hate for Rashford. He's a local lad living his dream, never claimed to be the best, no arrogance to him, only crime is he's not elite.

Really pleased for him right now , showing what he can do when all the other pieces fall into place. That's been his problem, he needs the right environment and to be clear of fitness issues to perform, not the sort to drag the team through a game or to put in a 10/10 when half fit. For the next 5 years he should be phased into a squad/rotation role. I'd be delighted if he was a one club man or left at 30 for a payday somewhere, just so we get his "best years".

I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to youth but what's the point otherwise? We could be Madrid and spunk money on south americans until it works but having a proper youth program and spots in the squad for them is one of the only things that make United still special so we need to cherish it.
fat maradona
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Both Diallo and Mejbri getting rave reviews at their loan clubs. Looks like getting regular game time in the Championship has helped them. Sure it’s a big step up to the Prem but they’re showing potential and if they come back to United next season being able to get regular game time, it’ll improve our squad quality.
https://www.skysports.com/football/slan ... ive/468157

Watch his goal and he's doing it regularly. 7 goals + 1 assist in his last 13 games.

Better than Antony tbf, I'd like to see him back at the club and pushing Antony for that RW spot, might get the cunt to start performing.