Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
Felwin
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Felwin wrote: 1 year ago
FuB wrote: 1 year ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago I didn't know that. Makes sense why he's so fucking dopey and weak as a CB.

fuck's sake... so all this time we've had other defenders who were no shittier than hoof and we were crying out for a holding mid, we never once tried him out there. Not saying it would have been a success but, fucking hell!
Exactly what I thought. He’s decent on the ball so might’ve helped us keep more control. Not sure his 1v1 defending is good enough like. Can’t see any evidence of a Casemiro like sniffing out danger either.

But who knows. Criminal Ole didn’t try it when we were crying out for something different.
Who would Ole have played at the back instead? Varane wasn't fit in his first season with us.
Kinda the point of the “what if” scenario but I get you. I guess Jones and Tuanzebe were the only other realistic options and neither are the required quality.
fat maradona
Legend

That midfield position has been a weakness for us since Carrick retired. Ole just inherited him, Mourinho should have been the one to recognise it seeing as he signed him.
bman2
Legend

Casemiro is our Keano replacement. It just took the best part of 20 years for the club to replace him.

So who is unavailable at the moment?

Casemiro -- red carded
Eriksen -- injured probably to the end of the season
Is Dalot injured? Haven't seen him in ages.
Is McT injured?
Felwin
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Casemiro is our Keano replacement. It just took the best part of 20 years for the club to replace him.

So who is unavailable at the moment?

Casemiro -- red carded
Eriksen -- injured probably to the end of the season
Is Dalot injured? Haven't seen him in ages.
Is McT injured?
Dalot was "unavailable" for Palace but I think should be back fairly soon. Midweek or next weekend at the latest.
McT was ruled out for another couple of weeks before Forest on Wednesday.
De Beek is out for the season too.

Midfield for both Leeds games likely to be Sabitzer-Fred-Bruno. Against Barca maybe Lindelof holding if Hag wants to switch it up?

He's a machine but it worries me that Bruno will be playing every game. Unless Sancho maybe steps in at 10.

Casemiro available for the League Cup Final, thank fuck.
Felwin
Legend

Imagine how thin it'd be without Sabitzer right now X_X
bman2
Legend

A huge part of Ten Hag’s success so far this season is down to the success of his transfers. Compared to Ole, Jose, Gaal, and Moyes, most of their transfers were duds. None of ETH’s have been duds. Antony hasn’t looked like a £100M player, but we all knew that price was far too high, and he’s been decent. I think Antony turns 23 today, so still plenty of room for development too.

What sums up ETH and transfers for me is the fact that he dumped Ronaldo and replaced him with a loan move for Wenghorst, and the team is obviously much better for it. Probably benefiting from Woodward being out of the picture there too.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago A huge part of Ten Hag’s success so far this season is down to the success of his transfers. Compared to Ole, Jose, Gaal, and Moyes, most of their transfers were duds. None of ETH’s have been duds. Antony hasn’t looked like a £100M player, but we all knew that price was far too high, and he’s been decent. I think Antony turns 23 today, so still plenty of room for development too.

What sums up ETH and transfers for me is the fact that he dumped Ronaldo and replaced him with a loan move for Wenghorst, and the team is obviously much better for it. Probably benefiting from Woodward being out of the picture there too.
Tbf you have to give credit to Ole signing Varane. He's been as huge a signing as Martinez and Casemiro. That triangle at the base of our team is incredible. Each player is probably the best in the world in their position.
bman2
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago A huge part of Ten Hag’s success so far this season is down to the success of his transfers. Compared to Ole, Jose, Gaal, and Moyes, most of their transfers were duds. None of ETH’s have been duds. Antony hasn’t looked like a £100M player, but we all knew that price was far too high, and he’s been decent. I think Antony turns 23 today, so still plenty of room for development too.

Tbf you have to give credit to Ole signing Varane. He's been as huge a signing as Martinez and Casemiro. That triangle at the base of our team is incredible. Each player is probably the best in the world in their position.
Yeah Varane is class. We seem to get more playing time out of him this season too, which is great.
FuB
Site Admin

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago

Yeah Varane is class. We seem to get more playing time out of him this season too, which is great.
Wasn't there something about Varane not getting on with/wanting to play with Maguire when there was the Maguire is a closet racist stuff a while back? I always wondered if that had some bearing on his availability when Maguire was a nailed-on starter.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

FuB wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago

Wasn't there something about Varane not getting on with/wanting to play with Maguire when there was the Maguire is a closet racist stuff a while back? I always wondered if that had some bearing on his availability when Maguire was a nailed-on starter.
I don’t remember that. Interesting though.