Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Great clip of Weghorst on his haunches after the game yesterday, marvelling at our fans and just taking it all in. You can't not like the bloke. We need a proper number 9, but I think there's a place for him in our squad next season. Sabitzer too.
Yeah we obviously need someone who scores goals. But Weghorst has shown that he could be a useful backup option. None of our other players who can play number 9, including the younger players, can lead the line in the same way.
We do but people saying we should get Kane are delusional. The only reason we should get Kane is if Ten Hag is expected to make a league title push immediately. Otherwise we must buy younger - Osimhen perhaps.
I agree that Osimhen would be a better long-term option, but I don’t see why a title push shouldn’t be a goal for next season. Kane would make sense as a natural replacement for Weghorst, adding a lot of goals.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
Felwin wrote: 1 year ago Mentioning Kane or Osimhen is pointless IMO. Same with Bellingham. All of them would cost north of £100m. Can’t see us finding that money this summer, even after a sale. Still too much to work out.
The sale process getting dragged out, which was always to be expected with the Glazers, could end up making a mess of transfer plans.
Without a doubt. Hag needs to know what's happening - is it a state or more Glazer austerity.

Some sort of investment has to happen, even PE, cos without it we'll become a medium/small club in the future for all the reasons we've mentioned eg no money, a stadium that's set to be condemned etc. But I've been listening to Laurie Whitwell talk about how we're likely to breach FFP cos we're spending more than we're making. There are also rules in the pipeline that require action now like only spending 70% of revenues on players, wages and agents fees, and also paying off transfers within a certain timeframe. We currently owe more than 300m on players with limited funds to get it down.

I wish transfer talk reflected our actual financial position rather than fantasy football. Getting the wage bill down is the summer priority for the club, not building Hags team. Remember the club has imposed a 200k wage cap. Do you think Kane is going to settle for that? Osimhen?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Probably all part of the PR, but lots of chatter that the latest bids are 'well short' of Glazer expectations.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Probably all part of the PR, but lots of chatter that the latest bids are 'well short' of Glazer expectations.
They’re the fucking worst. Treat the club like shit and neglect basic needed investments for years, then they expect people to compete to throw money at them.
bman2
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
I wish transfer talk reflected our actual financial position rather than fantasy football. Getting the wage bill down is the summer priority for the club, not building Hags team. Remember the club has imposed a 200k wage cap. Do you think Kane is going to settle for that? Osimhen?
Yeah we’ve a lot of players on huge wages even if they get limited minutes. Maguire is the most obvious.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Looks like the powers that be are taking FFP seriously. Everton have been referred to an independent commission over alledged breaches. Could be looking at fines and points deductions.

The Glazers need to go now before the downward spiral gathers pace. I'll stop posting about this in here cos it's off topic. The point that finances and FFP directly impact our squad has been made tbf.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Watching Chelsea v Liverpool, Joao Felix is a fabulous player. We could have had him instead of Weghorst on loan, if it weren't for the penny pinching Glazer leeching cunts.
dozer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 11 months ago Watching Chelsea v Liverpool, Joao Felix is a fabulous player. We could have had him instead of Weghorst on loan, if it weren't for the penny pinching Glazer leeching cunts.
A loan is fine but he's not a top top player. He's not been one for Atletico and he's not been one for Chelsea either. He's been mediocre for Portugal too. He's a decent player at best.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

dozer wrote: 11 months ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 11 months ago Watching Chelsea v Liverpool, Joao Felix is a fabulous player. We could have had him instead of Weghorst on loan, if it weren't for the penny pinching Glazer leeching cunts.
A loan is fine but he's not a top top player. He's not been one for Atletico and he's not been one for Chelsea either. He's been mediocre for Portugal too. He's a decent player at best.
He's a shite sight better than Weghorst.
swampash
Legend

I'm inclined to agree with Sid on this.