Will the Glazers sell?

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9500
Joined: 10 years ago

Tbf one of the issues is that nobody knows who Jassim is. There are two. Which one is buying United. It's basically a cobbled together state bid. So there's no doubts about the money, but how and where it's coming from matters.

User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 3670
Joined: 10 years ago

And if Ratcliffe now sweetens the deal further, do Qatar come back again...? This is what the Glazers have been angling for. A bidding war. Which will drag things on longer, and completely fuck us for the summer.
fat maradona
Legend
Posts: 1329
Joined: 10 years ago

The Glazers don't give a shit about the club. They'll take as much money as they can. If they accept the new Qatar bid, it'll amount to a gross £6.5bn which is more than they wanted.

It's an obscene amount of money and not an amount the Glazers will spend in their lifetime. Greedy cunts.
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 3670
Joined: 10 years ago

But apparently the relative value of the Ratcliffe bid is still higher. Overall lower, as he's not buying as much of the club, but more per share.

Honestly, fuck knows which way this goes. Suffice to say, the Glazer decision will be solely what's best for them. They won't give 0.01% of a fuck about the club. If a property developer offered 10b with the intention of demolishing the club and building flats, they'd take it.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9500
Joined: 10 years ago

Financial Irregularities FC on for the treble while Qatar ring the Glazers and personally make a huge offer outside of the bidding process

I think I might actually not be giving a fuck about football now. I didn't watch the CL semi because it was a foregone conclusion and I knew the coverage wouldn't address the 115 elephants in the room. This from a team that has been found guilty for cheating in 2014 and 2020. It's the first CL semi I've missed in years.

I wouldn't mind having one dominant team if it was done organically like United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc in the past. But it's not. The leaked emails which have been proven to be legit prove cheating, as do their bogus sponsorships which were rumbled by a simple google.

Why are we bothering
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 2817
Joined: 9 years ago

Well said Sid.
I too am finding it increasingly difficult to square my conscience with watching football. If Qatar do end up owning the club it’s likely to be the end of my support.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9500
Joined: 10 years ago

swampash wrote: 6 months ago Well said Sid.
I too am finding it increasingly difficult to square my conscience with watching football. If Qatar do end up owning the club it’s likely to be the end of my support.
Same. Once the bogus sponsorships start, it's just redundant. It's Lance Armstrong stuff.

The arse fell out cycling due to the level of cheating. Likewise athletics. Football is the same. Fans discuss this as much as the actual football now.

We're gonna have Saudi, Qatar and UAE all competing in the Prem looking for new ways to cheat to get one over each other in their stupid proxy war. It's hard to care now.
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 3670
Joined: 10 years ago

My love is draining away too. I'd put it down to getting older and United getting shitter, but its deeper. There's no real authenticity to the game anymore. Its corrupt, a plaything for states and oligarchs. The grounds are soulless and its not competitive.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend
Posts: 9500
Joined: 10 years ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 6 months ago My love is draining away too. I'd put it down to getting older and United getting shitter, but its deeper. There's no real authenticity to the game anymore. Its corrupt, a plaything for states and oligarchs. The grounds are soulless and its not competitive.
Same. It's not age with me. I have more time and money now. I'm the audience they want aka dedicated with some disposable income. But sport has to be fair and even just slightly fucking morally not horrendous. But it's neither.

I've watched nearly every United game for around 20 years. Been a fan since I first went to OT when I was about 6/7. So it's a long tradition for me to go against. But if something else came into my life - like say I pick up music again - I'd drift away from football more quickly cos I simply care less and less. And that fucks me off. I'm annoyed at the unregulated nature of the Prem and the shit governance by the FA and gov that has resulted in English football becoming a rigged soft power exercise for states that hang gay children.

Apologies for dominating this but I have to say it as City are on the verge of an inevitable treble.
User avatar
Felwin
Legend
Posts: 1227
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Abroad

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 6 months ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 6 months ago My love is draining away too. I'd put it down to getting older and United getting shitter, but its deeper. There's no real authenticity to the game anymore. Its corrupt, a plaything for states and oligarchs. The grounds are soulless and its not competitive.
Same. It's not age with me. I have more time and money now. I'm the audience they want aka dedicated with some disposable income. But sport has to be fair and even just slightly fucking morally not horrendous. But it's neither.

I've watched nearly every United game for around 20 years. Been a fan since I first went to OT when I was about 6/7. So it's a long tradition for me to go against. But if something else came into my life - like say I pick up music again - I'd drift away from football more quickly cos I simply care less and less. And that fucks me off. I'm annoyed at the unregulated nature of the Prem and the shit governance by the FA and gov that has resulted in English football becoming a rigged soft power exercise for states that hang gay children.

Apologies for dominating this but I have to say it as City are on the verge of an inevitable treble.
You're spot on mate. I'm on the exact same page. 115 charges against them and no-one even fleetingly mentions it. You'll never hear it, even from the more alternative media outlets. They have a vested interest in keeeping the machine spinning and not having millions of fans saying "fuck it then, no point". It's their livelihoods and they know it.

Only thing that comforts me is that it simply will never be anywhere near as special as the original treble. The city fans and Guardiola know it too. And it pisses them right off. Price you pay for dealing with the devil.
Post Reply