Will the Glazers sell?

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Sounds like the Qataris are moist after there visit. We must have pulled out all the stops to get them hooked. Only one winner I reckon.
Yeah it seems that way. Both the Qataris and Ratcliffe are reportedly putting together improved offers this coming week. I can't see what Ratcliffe can do or say to be the preferred bidder. I suppose he has to hope the Qataris fuck it up somehow.
The only thing I can thing of is the fact he’s a local guy, could play heavily on that element, but the Glazers won’t give a fuck. They just want the biggest bid.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I wonder who the players want?

The Qataris no doubt. They'll be looking at the 200k wage cap and then looking at Mbappe earning 1m a week at a state doped club, and think give me some of that.
swampash
Legend

What can Ratcliffe offer, in terms of future business deals, that the leaches might want? Struggling to see anything that might match what the Qataris could promise.
Felwin
Legend

Dunno about you lot. I know it's all a bit Am-Dram from me but I'm just trying to enjoy my last few months as a United fan.

Can't see past the Qataris and I'm disgusted by those numbskulls at the training ground with Qatar banners. Nothing against anyone who just wants to try their best to ignore it of course, but fawning over new owners is piss poor behaviour.

Might all feel a bit like burying a family member at the end of the season.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago Dunno about you lot. I know it's all a bit Am-Dram from me but I'm just trying to enjoy my last few months as a United fan.

Can't see past the Qataris and I'm disgusted by those numbskulls at the training ground with Qatar banners. Nothing against anyone who just wants to try their best to ignore it of course, but fawning over new owners is piss poor behaviour.

Yeah, it feels a bit like that for me too. Leaving the ethics aside which we've already said a lot about - now you can start to feel cheating element. Like there's already lots of transfer talk about who the Qataris will buy in summer; Osimhen, De Jong, that top young keeper Verbruggen from Anderlecht. That's 2/300m easy. But the club doesn't have it. We don't even have it on credit. We don't even make enough money to pay for wages, running costs etc cos we've been running at a loss for 3 years! So it'll come from the state, and that's cheating.

And alright, City do it. But that doesn't make it right. Also most football fans don't really rate City's success. It comes with a huge asterisk. Ours would too, and I don't want that.
Jason
Star Man

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago Dunno about you lot. I know it's all a bit Am-Dram from me but I'm just trying to enjoy my last few months as a United fan.

Yeah, it feels a bit like that for me too. Leaving the ethics aside which we've already said a lot about - now you can start to feel cheating element. Like there's already lots of transfer talk about who the Qataris will buy in summer; Osimhen, De Jong, that top young keeper Verbruggen from Anderlecht. That's 2/300m easy. But the club doesn't have it. We don't even have it on credit. We don't even make enough money to pay for wages, running costs etc cos we've been running at a loss for 3 years! So it'll come from the state, and that's cheating.

And alright, City do it. But that doesn't make it right. Also most football fans don't really rate City's success. It comes with a huge asterisk. Ours would too, and I don't want that.
I'm not going to profess to be expert with the finances, but is the turnover so bad now, that even if we got a new owner who cleared the debt and credit cards, and left the club to operate on its own funds, surely you'd be looking at a yearly budget of 100m minimum?

Be nice to avoid financial doping.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago

I'm not going to profess to be expert with the finances, but is the turnover so bad now, that even if we got a new owner who cleared the debt and credit cards, and left the club to operate on its own funds, surely you'd be looking at a yearly budget of 100m minimum?

Be nice to avoid financial doping.
I wouldn't know exactly how much would we would have to spend per annum if the Qataris wiped out the 1bn debt tbf. 100m sounds optimistic - because it's not just debt repayments killing us, it's the huge increase in costs (eg wages which are at a record breaking high, around 67% of turnover I believe) and falling / disappearing commercial revenue. Right now we have no shirt sponsor next season, so there's a our biggest single sponsor gone.

Also wiping out the 1bn debt would be using state money. But say they do that, the other financial burden is the 1/2bn for a new stadium and training facilities. The club can't afford that either. Again it would have to be state money.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

5 bids

JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

So, clearly some interested parties in the background. Some of the bids are apparently for 'partial investment' though noises over the last few days indicate a full sale is what's likely.

It'll be an interesting couple of weeks.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago So, clearly some interested parties in the background. Some of the bids are apparently for 'partial investment' though noises over the last few days indicate a full sale is what's likely.

It'll be an interesting couple of weeks.
Mike Keegan of the daily fail is reporting Ratcliffe might pair with another bidder. It's getting interesting. There's clearly demand. It looks like the parasite cunts will get their 6bn. They'll have pulled off one of the great thefts of modern times.