Will the Glazers sell?

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

I dunno, on its surface, the announcement doesn't sound that different than what we've been hearing from the club for a while. But I think making a public announcement is an effort to basically say out loud, "taking bids now". Makes me think they failed to get interest in selling a stake, at least at the price they wanted, so now they're trying to drum up a bidding war.

So sick of these incompetent clowns, worried the next ones won't be better. Though they could hardly be worse.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 months ago
Fuck the Glazers wrote: 2 months ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 months ago https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... lub-growth

Sale of club mentioned as a possibility.

Sky sports saying any new investor or owner will be a US investment firm.
They're following Liverpool in assessing their options. I bet they've been colluding again and decided the ESL is a non starter and it's time to cash in.

I remember us talking about investment firms previously. Would that be an out of the frying pan and into the fire situation?

Perhaps a US investment firm with Ratcliffe fronting it ala Clearlake and Boehly
The difference between the Glazers and an investment firm is that the Glazers didn't much care about how the club was running, all they wanted was their debt repaid and their huge dividends for doing nowt. Don't get me wrong, the investment firm will also want a return on it's investment but it doesn't have to be just via dividends, it can also be by increasing the value of the club over a period of time. their investment is going to do as well as it possibly can. The ideal scenario is that Ratcliffe or similar buy the club but that ain't going to happen at the price the Glazers will want. Also, Ratcliffe is 70 years old, what happens when he is no longer around and ownership passes onto someone else and they turn out to be complete dicks? As long as we don't get owned by anyone from the UAE, I'll be happy to say buh bye to the Glazers.
Right, okay. So that could potentially be slightly better.

I watched the Athletic YouTube vid on this and they said there's a split in the Glazer family over what to do with United. Some want to keep it, some want to sell. The majority now want to sell. So reading the statement with that in mind makes sense; they're assessing their options whilst leaning towards selling.

I suppose a lot rests on how much they will get for the club. If it's not enough for them then they might hang on for longer and wait til they can get more.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Jason
Star Man

I mean I've been Glazers out since pretty much day dot.

But if its now a potential reality, I'm half fearful its a case of better the devil you know!

Ideal world, Ratcliffe buys the club, removes the debt, lets it operate on its own cash - and as he is in his later life, set up a foundation for the when he is no longer able to lead/own, that is fan based.

What a legacy, he'd have saved the club, and put it back in the hands of the fans.

How likely all this is - probably not very, but you can only dream!
Jason
Star Man

Also the galling thing is that these fuckers will walk away after 15 years of mismanagement, to tune of over 4 billion in profit.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Reports that Ratcliffe is preparing a bid. Also Dubai are supposedly interested too.
Felwin
First Teamer

Fuck's sake, if it's Dubai I'm off lads. Both Manchester clubs owned by competing Sheikhs from the same country.

Some Game of Thrones style shit. We'll be a proxy war in a corrupt power struggle.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Apple are interesting, apparently. I could see that. Could be a huge way of them getting into football streaming and digital content, given our brand reach and supporter base. I'd be up for that - and we'd get first dibs on any tech and data analysis that could boost performance.

What's clear is, there's going to be a LOT of seriously interested, big players. I think a full sale is more likely than I first thought.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

One of the cunts has finally spoken to us. They must be leaving.

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 months ago Apple are interesting, apparently. I could see that. Could be a huge way of them getting into football streaming and digital content, given our brand reach and supporter base. I'd be up for that - and we'd get first dibs on any tech and data analysis that could boost performance.

What's clear is, there's going to be a LOT of seriously interested, big players. I think a full sale is more likely than I first thought.
Amazon and Facebook are too. Not sure what I think about that. There'll be hundreds of interested parties like there was with Chelsea. But 99% of them won't be credible. It'll be the ones with a serious financial plan that get through. It'll be whittled down to 4/5.